Disney+ came to Malaysia on the 1st of June, 2021. You can now watch your favourite Malaysian and International content on Disney Plus. Unfortunately, you won’t see some shows on Disney Plus in Malaysia due to licensing and streaming rights.
In the same way, if you’re travelling outside of Malaysia, you won’t have access to your favorite content. The good news is there’s a simple way around this. You only need a Malaysian IP address to access your favorite Disney Plus content. How do you do that?
You can easily get a Malaysian IP address to watch Disney Plus via a trusted VPN service like Surfshark. You can use Surfshark to access your favorite Disney+ libraries from anywhere. Here’s a short version of the process for you.
7 Steps to Watch Disney Plus Malaysia in 2023
To watch Disney Plus Malaysia in foreign countries and vice versa, you will need a VPN. Once you have the prerequisites noted, follow these steps to watch any version of Disney Plus in Malaysia:
- Sign up for a premium VPN. (We recommend Surfshark)
- Download and install the VPN app on a compatible device.
- Login using your credentials.
- Connect to a Malaysian or any server from your preferred country.
- Go to the official site of Disney+ and sign up or sign in. (You can also download the Disney Plus app).
- Watch Disney Plus in Malaysia or outside Malaysia.
Is Disney Plus Available in Malaysia?
Yes, Disney Plus is available in Malaysia. On 1 June 2021, Disney Plus spread its wings to Malaysia under the umbrella of Hostar. You can watch Netflix originals and Malaysian content with a single Disney+ subscription.
But you need to understand that Disney+ has a bounded content library for Malaysia. Because of streaming rights and licenses, Disney Plus cannot stream every show in Malaysia. To bypass this restriction, you can use a good VPN. Which VPNs are we talking about?
Short on Time? Best VPN to Unblock Disney Plus in Malaysia
- Surfshark offers 3200+ VPN servers in 100 countries. You can use 600+ US servers to watch US Disney Plus in Malaysia. Surfshark also has multiple Malaysian servers that you can use to watch Malaysian content on Netflix from a foreign country. It allows unlimited device connections and robust security features.
- ExpressVPN is the second-best VPN to watch Disney Plus in Malaysia. It has a decent number of 3000+ optimized VPN servers in 94 countries. You can use any VPN server to unblock international streaming services with lightning-fast speeds, along with the best US servers to watch Disney Plus Malaysia. Besides, ExpressVPN comes with military-grade encryption, an impenetrable cryptographic language to protect your data.
- NordVPN is a great VPN that offers amazing privacy and security. It operates 5500+ VPN servers in 60+ countries, with multiple servers in Malaysia, the US, the UK, and Canada. You can use these servers to watch your favorite geo-restricted Netflix libraries. You also get access to obfuscated servers, Meshnet, IP Masking, and DNS Leak Protection for an anonymous streaming experience.
- FastestVPN operates 550+ VPN servers in 39+ countries. You can use any of its US servers in Boston, Miami, and Chicago to access US Disney Plus in Malaysia. Besides this, FastestVPN offers robust security features that prevent third-party spying and cyber tracking. With FastestVPN, you also enjoy WireGuard, a strong and secure protocol that keeps your traffic safe without compromising speeds.
- CyberGhost has 9000+ VPN servers in 91 countries and 117 locations. With more than 1300 servers in the United States, you can easily unblock Disney Plus in Malaysia. You can also unblock multiple other streaming platforms like Hulu and Sling TV. With the best encryption standard and robust security features, you won’t have to worry about leaking or exposing your data.
How to Pay for Disney Plus in Malaysia?
You can pay for Disney Plus in Malaysia by following the 3 payment methods that we have described below.
How to Pay for Disney Plus in Malaysia with PayPal
This is the easiest and most convenient way to sign up for Disney Plus in Malaysia.
- Go to the official site of Disney Plus, Select a subscription plan as per your requirement, and click on “Continue.”
- Click on Paypal and fill in your billing details.
- Finish the process.
- That’s all! Log in to your account using your credentials to watch Disney Plus in Malaysia!
How to Pay for Disney Plus in Malaysia with a Gift Card
You can pay for Disney Plus in Malaysia using a Gift card. Here’s how to:
Download and install the VPN app on a compatible device.
Open Disneyplus.com/giftayear and purchase a Disney Plus Gift card.
Enter your name and email, then click “Save” and “Continue.”
Next, open your email and select redeem your subscription card.
Follow the on-screen instructions.
That’s all. Watch Disney Plus in Malaysia in 2023.
How to Pay for Disney Plus in Malaysia with a US Credit Card
Alternatively, you can pay for Disney Plus in Malaysia using a credit or debit card. Initially, you’d have to ask a friend or relative in the US to do it for you, but now that Disney + is available in Malaysia, the process is much simpler.
Get a subscription to a secure VPN. (We recommend Surfshark)
Go to the official site of Disney Plus, Select a subscription plan as per your requirement and click on “Continue.”
Use your US Debit/Credit card and enter the required billing details.
Search for a US zip code on Google and enter it.
That’s all! Log in to your account using your credentials to watch Disney Plus in Malaysia!
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch Disney Plus in Malaysia?
You need a VPN to access limited content libraries to watch Disney Plus in Malaysia. Without a VPN, you cannot access Disney Plus Malaysia from foreign countries. In the same way, you cannot access US Disney+ from Malaysia without a VPN.
For instance, if you try to access Disney Plus with your local IP address from the regions where it is geo-blocked, like New Zealand, Australia, Japan, and HongKong, you’ll see an error message:
“Sorry, Disney Plus is not available in your country.”
Apart from unblocking and accessing Netflix, a VPN also gives you security and anonymity. A VPN masks your IP address, which means different elements on the internet cannot track you. Your traffic gets encrypted via different encryption algorithms. It means no one can tap in and discern your activity.
Even your ISP can no longer throttle your bandwidth. Some modern VPNs even have a built-in Ad blocker that keeps pesky spam away. All in all, a VPN is a multi-faceted tool that ensures your online security and safety.
Best VPN to Watch Disney Plus in 2023 – Detailed Analysis
We have tested more than 15 VPNs and chosen the 5 best VPNs to watch Disney Plus in Malaysia. VPNs that we have selected are based on criteria that include accessibility, reliability of the servers, and top-tier encryption standards. So, without further ado, let’s get started with our number one recommendation:
Surfshark is one of the most affordable VPNs in the market with a reasonable pricing of $2.30/month for a 24-month subscription (Plus 2 months free). It gives you access to 3200+ VPN servers in 100 countries. With 600 optimized servers in the USA, Surfshark is the best option for people who want to access US Disney Plus in Malaysia, quickly and safely.
Surfshark also has private DNS and Leak protection that prevents security flaws, conceals your IP address, and offers improved connection speeds. So you can watch your favorite shows on Disney Plus Malaysia without ISP throttling, lags, or buffering problems.
Surfshark’s standard AES-256-bit encrypts your connection to the internet to ensure your privacy and security. It also follows a no-logs policy with its RAM-only servers. So no one can log your data, not even Surfshark.
With compatible Windows, iOS, macOS, routers, Linux, Android, Amazon Firestick, and gaming console apps, you can use Surfshark with almost anything. You even get unlimited device connections. This means you can use one device for US Disney+ in Malaysia and another device to access Disney Plus Malaysia securely in your country.
We recommend trying it out using the Surfshark free trial or using its 30-day money-back guarantee. It will help you make the right choice.
ExpressVPN offers 3000+ VPN servers in 94 countries and 160+ locations. Each server lets you access your favorite platforms, including Disney Plus, Netflix, Hulu, Sling TV, and more. But that’s not all!
ExpressVPN is loaded with top-notch privacy features and impenetrable security protocols. With its secure Light Way protocol and impenetrable AES 256 encryption, you surf and stream safely without worrying.
You can even use ExpressVPN to access streaming platforms in heavily restricted countries like Russia and China. Additionally, ExpressVPN is compatible with most mainstream devices. You can even use it on Roku with its MediaStreamer technology.
Its features and various perks are why you’ll find a lot of great reviews about ExpressVPN.
If you’re using ExpressVPN to access US content of Disney Plus Malaysia, try the NewYork, Atlanta, Dallas, and Miami servers. You can get ExpressVPN for $6.67 per month, using its 12-month plan. If you don’t want to throw in money just yet, try it for free using the ExpressVPN free trial. You can even hack a free trial using its 3-day money-back guarantee.
If you aren’t satisfied with ExpressVPN, you can cancel your account and claim a full-refund within 30 days.
NordVPN is a privacy-oriented VPN that ticks all the boxes of top-notch encryption and impenetrable security. It offers 5500+ optimized VPN servers in 60 countries. More than 1970+ of said servers are available in 15 USA locations. You can use all of them for unblocking and watching US Disney Plus in Malaysia.
For an ideal experience, we recommend trying their Buffalo, Denver, Dallas, Salt Lake City, and San Francisco servers. You can also use any of NordVPN’s Malaysian servers to access Disney Plus Malaysia in a foreign country. You can even use NordVPN in China.
Apart from its unblocking capabilities, NordVPN also guarantees security. With a Dark web monitor, NordLynx (built on WireGuard), a strict no-logs policy, obfuscated servers, split tunneling support, DNS leak protection, double VPN, and browser extensions, NordVPN has everything you’d ever need.
We have reviewed NordVPN and its features extensively, and it was perfect. The pocket-friendly subscription plans are another perk that makes NordVPN more desirable. You can get NordVPN for $3.99/month with the 2-year plan. You can also avail a free trial using its 30-day money-back guarantee.
FastestVPN is an affordable VPN service with admirable privacy features and security protocols. It comes with 550+ VPN servers in 40+ countries. A decent number of these servers are located in the US. You can use any of their US servers to unblock and watch the US Disney+ library in Malaysia.
FastestVPN also doesn’t put any data caps or bandwidth limits on your internet consumption. You can stream limitlessly for as long as you like. FastestVPN is also equipped with top-notch privacy features that include an Internet Kill-Switch, and NAT Firewall.
FastestVPN also has an in-built DNS Leak protection mechanism so no third party can intercept the communication between your web browser and the DNS. And if anyone were to tap into your traffic, they still wouldn’t know what you’re doing because of the impenetrable AES-256-bit encryption.
FastestVPN is compatible with more than 20+ streaming devices and operating systems like Windows, Android, iOS, Linux, Amazon Firestick, Kodi, routers, Apple TV, and Apple Chromecast. You also get 10 multi-device connections.
And the best part is FastestVPN’s affordability. You can get a FastestVPN lifetime subscription for $40. You can even get a refund if you cancel your subscription within 15 days. We’ve explained this and a lot more in the FastestVPN review.
CyberGhost has a whopping 9000+ VPN servers in 91 countries. About 1356 servers are situated in 11 cities in the USA. You can use these servers to unblock and watch Disney+ in the USA. You can also use CyberGhost’s Malaysian servers to access Malaysian Disney Plus without limiting speeds.
We could access different Disney Plus libraries when we tried out different CyberGhost servers. We recommend using the Los Angeles, Phoenix, Washington, New York, and Atlanta servers to unblock US Disney Plus.
Apart from this, CyberGhost cloaks your internet presence, turning you into a digital ghost. It encrypts your internet traffic with AES 256 Encryption and keeps you safe from leaks and accidental connection drops with DNS Leak protection and a Kill Switch. CyberGhost also has dedicated apps for most devices, operating systems, and gaming consoles.
You can also use CyberGhost on P2P-Optimized servers to torrent safely. With 7 simultaneous connections, you can stream on one device and torrent on another. Get all this and more for only $2.19 per month with CyberGhost’s 2-year plan.
If you’re not sold on the idea, you can try CyberGhost for free using its 45-day free trial. If you don’t like the VPN, you can cancel your subscription and get a full refund.
How to Unblock Disney Plus in Malaysia on Different Devices
We have shared easy and quick tutorials to download, unblock and watch Disney Plus in Malaysia on different devices. Here’s how to:
Watch Disney Plus in Malaysia on Windows
- Sign up for a reputable VPN. (We recommend Surfshark )
- Download and install the VPN app on your Windows operating system.
- Log in using your user credentials.
- Connect to a USA server. (We recommend Dallas, Atlanta, and New York servers)
- Head toward the official Disney Plus site.
- Sign up and choose a subscription plan.
- Watch US Disney Plus in Malaysia.
Watch Disney Plus in Malaysia on Android
- Get a subscription to a premium VPN. (We recommend Surfshark )
- Download and install the Android VPN app.
- Connect to a US server.
- Open Google Play Store and search “Disney Plus.”
- Click on “Get” to download the App.
- Once installed, sign up or sign in to your Disney+ app.
- Watch Disney Plus in Malaysia with access to the complete US library.
How to Watch Disney Plus in Malaysia on iOS
- Subscribe to a secure VPN. (We recommend Surfshark )
- Download and install the iOS VPN app.
- Connect to a USA server.
- Go to the Apple App Store and download the Disney Plus app.
- Sign up for Disney Plus and choose a subscription plan. If you have an account, simply sign in.
- Start watching your favorite Disney Plus US shows.
Watch Disney Plus in Malaysia on Firestick
- Sign up with Surfshark .
- Download and install the VPN app on Firestick.
- Connect to a USA server.
- Go to the home screen of Amazon Firestick and move your cursor toward the search bar at the top left corner.
- Search “Disney Plus” and click on “Get” to download the app.
- Once installed. Sign up and get a subscription.
- Watch US Disney Plus in Malaysia without any geo-restrictions.
How to Watch Disney Plus in Malaysia on Apple TV
- Sign up for a premium VPN service. (We recommend Surfshark)
- Configure the VPN app via a supported Wifi-router.
- Set up a US server.
- Head toward the home screen of your Apple TV.
- Launch the App Store.
- Type “Disney Plus” and download the app.
- Open the app and sign up or log in if you have an existing account.
- Watch your favorite shows on US Disney Plus in Malaysia.
How to Choose the Best VPN for Disney Plus Malaysia
You must tick all the boxes with these uncompromisable features to choose the best VPN for Disney Plus Malaysia.
Top-notch Encryption A VPN must come with industry-leading encryption and impenetrable privacy features. It includes advanced security protocols, together with OpenVPN, WireGuard, IKEv2, and IPsec.
Lightning-fast Speeds Fast speeds are indispensable when choosing a VPN. It enhances your streaming experience and P2P file sharing without any internet buffering and lagging.
Simultaneous Connections A VPN with simultaneous connections is the best option to secure all of your devices. It must offer 5 or above simultaneous connections.
24/7 Chat Support To resolve immediate queries and streaming issues, you need a customer-centric team of professionals. Never compromise on selecting a VPN with active 24/7 chat support.
Disney Plus VPN is not Working in Malaysia
If your Disney Plus VPN is not working in Malaysia, you can try and implement these quick fixes:
Disconnect your VPN for a while. Then reconnect it again.
Switch to a different VPN server.
Change your VPN protocol.
Check your device’s internet download speed; if it is lower than 5Mbps, it is not sufficient.
Refresh your internet connection by disconnecting your Wifi and reconnecting it within 40-60 seconds.
Check your device, Google Play Store, and App Store for updates. If there is any update available, install it.
Delete your application’s and operating system’s cache and cookies.
Log out of Disney Plus on all devices/operating systems. Log in again after a while.
Use an IP Checker tool to check your IP address.
Reset your location settings.
Uninstall the Disney+ App and reinstall it after a while.
Log in to Disney Plus on a web browser using a browser extension of your VPN.
What Can You Watch on Disney Plus Malaysia?
Disney Plus Malaysia has no shortage of content. From crime and drama to comedy and tragedies, you’ll find everything on Disney Plus. After careful research and some popcorn bags, we shortlisted some fantastic shows and movies you can watch on Disney Plus Malaysia in 2023.
Best Movies to Watch on Disney Plus Malaysia
Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
Snow White and Seven Dwarfs
The One and Only Ivan
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Fantastic Mr. Fox
Muppets Most Wanted
Isle of Dogs
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
Werewolf by Night
A Goofy Movie
Toy Story 4
Best Shows to Watch on Disney Plus Malaysia
These are the most popular shows to watch on Disney Plus Malaysia:
The Mysterious Benedict Society
The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special
She-Hulk: Attorney at Law
America the Beautiful
Ice Age: Scrat Tales
The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder
Secrets of the Whales
X-Men: The Animated Series
Star Wars: Visions
Wrapping Up – Disney Plus Malaysia
Disney Plus is available in Malaysia, but some of its content is restricted. You can watch content from the US on your Malaysian account or tune into Malaysian shows while traveling abroad by using a VPN like Surfshark.
With its robust security, numerous servers, and strong protocols, Surfshark will enable you to watch Disney Plus Malaysia or any other library, irrespective of your physical location.
FAQs – Disney Plus Malaysia
Is Disney Plus available in Malaysia?
Yes, Disney Plus is available in Malaysia. You can also access Disney+ Plus Malaysia from foreign countries through a VPN with Malaysian servers.
How Much Is Disney Plus a month in Malaysia?
Disney Plus subscription plans come for MYR 28. You can get a Disney+ Hotstar subscription for $6.99/month and $69.99 a year. You can get a subscription for a custom period as well.
Is Disney+ Hotstar Malaysia free?
No, Disney Plus Hotstar Malaysia is not free. It costs you RM 28 for a one-month subscription plan.
How to connect to Disney Plus in Malaysia?
You can connect to Disney Plus in Malaysia by following these simple steps. Visit the official Disney Plus Website on your browser. Sign in and start streaming. If you live outside Malaysia, you must first connect to a Malaysian VPN server.
How many devices can I use per Disney+ account in Malaysia?
You can use a single Disney+ account on 4 devices simultaneously. You can stream on your favorite device with 4K UHD and Dolby Atmos sound for the best experience.
Why is Disney Channel closed in Malaysia?
Disney+ has recently launched its services in Malaysia. Conversely, you cannot access the Disney Plus US library without a VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN to unblock and watch US Disney Plus in Malaysia.
Which VPN works for Disney+?
Disney Channel is not closed in Malaysia. Disney+ has recently launched its services in Malaysia. Unfortunately, you cannot access the US or UK content of the Malaysian library. We recommend Surfshark to unblock and watch US Disney Plus in Malaysia.
Is Disney Plus available on Samsung Smart TV Malaysia?
Yes, Disney Plus is available on Samsung Smart TV in Malaysia. All you need to do is launch the official Disney+ website. Sign up and pick any show to watch Disney Plus Malaysia on Samsung Smart TV.