If you’re traveling anywhere outside Hong Kong, and need to know how to get an IP address, then you’re in luck! In this guide, you’ll find a simple tutorial showing you how.
Why you need an HK IP address
A VPN allows users to mask their identity along with providing them numerous IP addresses. Similarly, the users in Hong Kong require an HK IP address to access local content or their bank accounts while traveling abroad. Also, a Hong Kong IP address does come in handy for the people living in China, since there aren’t many VPN services that offer Chinese servers.
I’ve tested and shortlisted only the best VPN services for Hong Kong that offer HK IP addresses. They are:
- Surfshark top VPN pick for getting an HK IP address. It allows unlimited device connections, is budgeted, offers GPS spoofing feature to mask your location, a Kill Switch, HK, and international servers to unblock unlimited content, a no-logs policy, and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- NordVPN offers around 68 servers in Hong Kong, robust security features, fast streaming speeds, unblocks Hong Kong and international services, allows simultaneous connections on up to 6 devices, audited, follows a strict no-logging policy, and provides a 30-day refund.
- ExpressVPN provides 9 servers in Hong Kong. These HK servers work even in China, produce the fastest VPN speeds, offer simultaneous connections on up to 5 devices, strongest security, offers a Kill Switch, strict no-logging policy, and offer a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- CyberGhost offers HK IP addresses and covers 58 servers in Hong Kong. Known for great privacy features, optimized for both streaming and torrenting, good speeds, military-grade encryption, allows 7 multi-device connections, and offers a 45-day refund.
- FastestVPN provides servers in Hong Kong. High-end security features, good speeds, compatible with multiple operating systems and allows 10 multi-device connections, and offer a 15-day money-back guarantee.
How to get a Hong Kong IP address
Needing a VPN goes far beyond just one or two requirements. Sometimes, you might need a VPN for privacy within the country. There are also many geo-blocked streaming services and only some VPN services can help to unblock them. It’s also required for business purposes.
In the case of Hong Kong, you might travel somewhere outside the country; needing to access some of your local TV channels from back home. Or, maybe you’d like to keep up with Hong Kong entertainment services while on vacation. In this case, only the best VPN for Hong Kong will provide you with an HK IP address to access these services.
So how does this work? How do you get an IP address for Hong Kong? Here’s how:
- Firstly, subscribe to any one of the best VPN services for Hong Kong provided on my list that offers an HK IP address. I’ve recommended 5 (Surfshark, NordVPN, ExpressVPN, CyberGhost, and FastestVPN).
- Download the app of any supported device or operating system, and install it.
- Launch the app.
- Connect to any of the Hong Kong servers on the list.
- Open up the website that you want to gain access to.
- That’s it! You’re in!
Lastly, if any Hong Kong-based websites fail to load, you’ll need to clear all cookies and cache. Then restart the app, and try again. To check if you’re actually connected to one of the Hong Kong servers, you can check your IP address on ipleak.org.
A VPN in general allows users to maintain their online privacy and access unlimited services from anywhere in the world. The same is the case for the people living within or traveling outside Hong Kong.
In this guide, I’ve shown you how to get a Hong Kong IP address to get access to local content. I’ve also recommended 5 of the best providers that offer it and much more. Now, all you need to do is choose the best one and start surfing! If I were to recommend the most reliable at the moment, it has got to be Surfshark!