The internet in New Zealand is censored to quite an extent, so trying to get access to some of your local content or bank accounts while travelling abroad can be a little bit of a task. Only a New Zealand IP address can get you access, and if you don’t know how to get one? Then this guide is for you.
I’ll be highlighting a very simple to the point guide, showing you how to get a New Zealand IP address in no time. Here’s a look at the best NZ VPN services that offer New Zealand IP addresses:
How to get a New Zealand IP Address from abroad
If you’re travelling from New Zealand to another country and want to stay in touch with local content/ websites/ bank accounts/ channels/ or streaming services from back home, you need to get a New Zealand IP address.
So, just in case you need a New Zealand IP address and don’t know how to get one, here’s a simple tutorial for you to follow:
- Subscribe to any of the New Zealand VPN services mentioned on this list (Surfshark, NordVPN, ExpressVPN, IPVanish, CyberGhost, and FastestVPN), since they all offer local IP addresses.
- Download and install the app on your device of choice.
- Once installed, clear all the cookies and cache on your browser.
- Restart your device.
- Open the VPN app and connect to any New Zealand server.
- Open up any NZ website you want access to and that’s about it!
You can always go to any IP checking website to see whether you’re connected to a New Zealand IP address. If not, simply disconnect and connect to a new NZ server.
How we chose a VPN that offers New Zealand IP addresses
There are circumstances where you might choose a VPN according to the websites it unblocks or the fast speeds it delivers. But, since we’re trying to access New Zealand content while travelling abroad or need to access our bank accounts from foreign land, the VPN you need to choose has to offer particular features. Here’s how I chose the top 6 providers for it:
- Offers servers in New Zealand along with international coverage
- Unlimited device connections
- Fast speeds
- Solid security features like GPS spoofing
- Unblocks unlimited New Zealand and international services
- Best discounted price is $2.49/mo. for 2-years.
- Offers 30+ servers in New Zealand
- Allows simultaneous connections up to 6 devices.
- Strongest security features
- Fast speeds
- No-user logs and multiple audits.
- Streaming and P2P compatible
- Most affordable price is the 2-year plan for $3.71/mo.
- Provides 1 server in New Zealand
- Has the fastest VPN speeds
- Allows multi-device connections on up to 5 devices
- Strong security suite
- Doesn’t log any data
- Bypasses the strongest blocks.
- Best discount is on the 1-year plan for $6.67/mo.
- Offers around 3 servers in New Zealand (Auckland)
- Uses obfuscation technologies to bypass the strongest blocks.
- Allows unlimited device connections
- Decent speeds
- Strict no-logging policy
- Robust security features
- Best deal is on the 1-year plan for $2.62/mo.
- Has 10 servers in New Zealand
- Best known for privacy features
- Allows multi-connections on up to 7 devices
- Compatible with both streaming and P2P
- Doesn’t log any user data.
- The most affordable plan is the 1-year plan for $2.25/mo.
- FastestVPN offers 1 servers in New Zealand
- Military-grade encryption and security features.
- Offers multi-device connections on up to 10 platforms
- Strict no-logging policy and a safe jurisdiction
- Extremely user-friendly and budgeted
- The best deal it offers is on its 5-year plan for $0.83/mo.
Needing a New Zealand IP address doesn’t only revolve around accessing local content while traveling, but also depends on securing your privacy online within New Zealand itself.
There are times when you might not want to connect to a foreign IP but stay connected with a local IP instead just to secure your privacy from the government or ISP.
Only a VPN that offers a New Zealand IP address can help with that, and if you don’t know how to get one, simply follow the tutorial in this guide!