CyberGhost is yet another VPN provider to take the VPN industry by storm, shipping up some of the best ghosting and privacy advantages for all its users. Yes, some of you may still be a little edgy about directly investing in the VPN, which is why you should take hold of the CyberGhost free trial! Interested? Read on!
The great thing about investing in a top VPN provider, is mainly the fact that besides providing affordable packages, there’s always a free trial. And, speaking off, most VPN providers often crop up a free trial that’s limited to only a few devices or maybe just one device.
The best part is that CyberGhost went the extra mile providing not one but two different free trial periods. It has a 24-hr free trial for Windows and macOS users that don’t require credit cards, and a 7-day free trial for Android and iOS mobile users.
Let’s first take a look at:
The 24-hour CyberGhost Free Trial
CyberGhost is among some of the top VPN providers that offer both a free trial and a refund policy.
The CyberGhost free trial is offered to anyone who’d like to test the VPN out real quick. The reason I said “real quick”, is because it only lasts for up to 24-hours. Also, to add to that, it’s only offered for Windows and macOS users. On the bright side, there are no credit cards required. If you look below you’ll see just how to get started.
How to claim your CyberGhost free trial
Claiming the 24-hour free trial doesn’t take much work. And keep in mind that this trial is mainly for testing purposes. To get started, you first:
- Head on to the CyberGhost webpage for the free trial, and click on the icon that says “Start Your Free Trial”.
- Once you click on the button, it automatically starts downloading. Like so:
- After you download the app, you’ll be asked to either log in, or if you don’t have an account yet, you’ll be asked to sign up with a valid email ID. Here’s what it looks like:
- Sign up for the service by providing your email. Once you’re all signed up to CyberGhost, you’ll be sent a reconfirmation email. Click on the provided link that says, “Activate Trial” to get started. This is how it should look like:
- After you activate your free trial, open the app and click on the power button to connect to the VPN, like so:
- That’s about it! The VPN will automatically connect you to the best server according to your location. You can easily change it in the options bar.
What all can you do with the 24 hour free trial for CyberGhost?
The 24-hour free trial will unlock all its premium features like the best security features – 256-bit AES encryption, a Kill Switch that works and much more! It also unblocked Netflix US, and yes I did test it out, which you’ll see in my CyberGhost review.
However, a thing to note; I had contacted the chat support, asking them if all premium features were included within this 24-hour timeframe, to which they replied:
After thoroughly going through their website, and after testing the VPN out for myself, I found that streaming does work for the 24-hour trial period, but only on macOS. So, I headed back to chat support just to ask for a reconfirmation, to which they replied:
That’s one thing I really like about CyberGhost. The fact that they accepted an error and fixed it. Moving on we have another CyberGhost free trial to look into, which is…
The 7-day CyberGhost free trial
I’ve mentioned above that the 7-day free trial is only for the Android and iOS mobile users. This is if you still haven’t had a good feel and look at the CyberGhost app. Along with having strong security features that include a Kill Switch, you also get access to unlimited bandwidth and streaming possibilities.
Unlike the 24-hour free trial, you will have to provide your credit card details. But, you can cancel your free trial within the 7-day slot, to avoid getting charged. Look below to see how you get started.
How to claim your 7-day free trial
- Either go to the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store, depending on which device you’re using.
- Start downloading and install the app on your device.
- You’ll get a box that asks you to provide your credit or debit card details. Fill out a plan.
7-day free trial for Android 7-day free trial for iOS
- Lastly, claim your 7-day CyberGhost free trial.
Apart from the CyberGhost 24-hour and 7-day free trial, there’s also a money-back guarantee that you can look into, just in case you need way more than just 7days. It, however, breaks according to the package you go with. It goes something like:
- You can a 14-day refund and trial period for subscribing to the 1-month plan.
- And, you get a 45-day refund trial period, if you subscribe to any plan that exceeds 6-months.
It honestly doesn’t get any better than that. But, it does…
The 45-day refund trial period
You’ll have access to CyberGhost’s premium features and unrestricted streaming privileges, just by testing it out through its 45-day refund trial period. And, another thing to add, you can test it by using more than one device, on any supported device, because CyberGhost allows its users with multi-device connections up-to 7 devices.
How to go get started with your 45-day free trial
- Go to the CyberGhost website and make your way to its pricing page.
- Choose a suitable pricing plan, with the best package for you. According to me, the best-discounted price is the 3-year plan. It costs around $2.75/mo. and provides 2 months for free!
- And lastly, choose how you would like to make your payments. CyberGhost offers the option of Bitcoin too, so you can remain anonymous.
- And that’s about it!
The thing about this is that you’ll have to remember to cancel your subscription before the 45-day trial period. For a smooth transfer of funds, always go through the CyberGhost terms of service page.
What all do you have access to during the free trial period?
For the completely free of charge 24-hour trial period, you’ll have access to all of the CyberGhost premium features like:
- 6000+ servers in 90 countries, including China
- 256-bit AES encryption
- Decent download speeds as per your local speed connection
- Access to streaming platforms like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, Disney Plus, etc.
- Unlimited bandwidth
- P2P optimized servers
And much more.
Why is there no streaming allowance during the free trial for Windows
There used to be a free version for Windows that allowed streaming on even the most restricted platforms like Netflix. However, due to some service issues, the CyberGhost team discontinued it.
How do I end my free trial for Android before 7 days?
- You’ll first have to go to the Google Play Store.
- Once on, you’ll find a hamburger icon, click on it.
- Click on subscriptions.
- You’ll see a CyberGhost icon, click on it.
- And then click on cancel subscription.
How do I end my free trial period for iOS before 7 days?
- Go to your settings and click on your iTunes account.
- Click on iTunes and App Store.
- Then click on your Apple ID
- Once you click on it, sign in to your account using your iTunes password.
- Then click on subscriptions at the bottom of the page.
- Finally, click on cancel subscription and confirm it.
CyberGhost has provided plenty of options for you to test its services out thoroughly. With the CyberGhost free trial, you’ll be unlocking premium access to all its features, with the best security, and speeds; adding privacy and anonymity to your surfing needs. That’s pretty much what CyberGhost is all about! They believe that everyone is entitled to their internet freedom.