CyberGhost offers a free trial, in fact, quite a number of them. You can either go for the 3-day trial for Android, 7-day for iPhone, or the 24-hour trial for Windows. Other than this, if the free trial is not enough time, you could always use the 45-day money-back guarantee and hack one too. Ready to get started? You’ll find all the tutorials below!
Does CyberGhost offer a free trial?
Yes, CyberGhost does offer a free trial. One free trial is for 24-hours on Windows and macOS – no credit cards are required for this.
Then, there used to be a 7-day free trial for Android and iOS smartphone users, which now is cut down to 3-days for Android and 7-days for iOS. Here’s an updated excerpt from my conversation dated February 20th, 2022 with the CyberGhost chat support:
Let’s first take a look at:
The 24-hour CyberGhost Free Trial
CyberGhost is one of the few top-tier VPNs that offer both a free trial and a refund policy.
The CyberGhost free trial is offered to anyone who’d like to test the VPN out real quick. The reason I said “real quick”, is because it only lasts for up to 24-hours.
Also, to add to that, it’s only offered for Windows and macOS users. On the bright side, there are no credit cards required. If you look below you’ll see just how to get started.
How to claim your CyberGhost free trial
Claiming the 24-hour free trial doesn’t take much work. And keep in mind that this trial is mainly for testing purposes. To get started, you first:
- Head on to the CyberGhost webpage for the free trial, and click on the icon that says “Start Your Free Trial”.
- Once you click on the button, it automatically starts downloading. Like so:
- After you download the app, you’ll be asked to either log in or if you don’t have an account yet, you’ll be asked to sign up with a valid email ID. Here’s what it looks like:
- Sign up for the service by providing your email. Once you’re all signed up to CyberGhost, you’ll be sent a reconfirmation email. Click on the provided link that says, “Activate Trial” to get started. This is how it should look like:
- After you activate your free trial, open the app, and click on the power button to connect to the VPN, like so:
- That’s about it! The VPN will automatically connect you to the best server according to your location. You can easily change it in the options bar.
What can you do with the 24 hours free trial for CyberGhost?
The 24-hour free trial will unlock all its premium features like the best security features – 256-bit AES encryption, a Kill Switch that works, and much more! It also unblocked Netflix US and a couple of other platforms when I tested and reviewed the VPN app.
However, a thing to note; I had contacted the chat support, asking them if all premium features were included within this 24-hour timeframe, to which they replied:
After thoroughly going through their website, and after testing the VPN out for myself, I found that streaming does work for the 24-hour trial period, but only on macOS. So, I headed back to chat support just to ask for reconfirmation, to which they replied:
That’s one thing I really like about CyberGhost. The fact that they accepted an error and fixed it. Moving on we have another CyberGhost free trial to look into, which is…
CyberGhost free trial for mobile apps
CyberGhost offers a 3-day free trial for Android users and a 7-day free trial for iOS mobile users. Personally, this feels a little too short a time to use for a test or trial period. During this trial, the security features are great – you get to test the Kill Switch, make use of its unlimited bandwidth and streaming possibilities.
Unlike the 24-hour free trial, you will have to provide your credit card details. But, you can cancel your free trial within the 3 or 7-day slot, to avoid getting charged. Look below to see how you get started.
How to claim your CyberGhost free trial for Android & iOS mobile apps
- Either go to the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store, depending on which device you’re using.
- Download and install the app on your device.
- You’ll get a box that asks you to provide your credit or debit card details. Fill out a plan.
- Lastly, claim your 3 or 7-day CyberGhost free trial depending on what device you’re using.
Apart from the CyberGhost 24-hour, 3-day, and 7-day free trial, there’s also a money-back guarantee that you can look into, just in case you need way more than just a couple of days. It, however, breaks according to the package you go with. It goes something like:
- You can a 14-day refund and trial period for subscribing to the 1-month plan.
- And, you get a 45-day refund trial period, if you subscribe to any plan that exceeds 6-months.
But, it gets better! Did you know that by using a hack, you can test your CyberGhost VPN using its 45-day money-back guarantee? Take a look below to learn how.
The CyberGhost 45-day money-back guarantee hack
You’ll have access to CyberGhost’s premium features and unrestricted streaming privileges, just by testing it out through its 45-day refund trial period. And, another thing to add, is you can test it on more than one supported device, because CyberGhost allows its users to simultaneously connect up to 7 devices.
How to get started with your 45-day free trial
- Go to the CyberGhost website and choose the most affordable deal.
- The best-discounted price is the 3-year plan. It costs around $2.29/mo. for three years and get 3 months for free!
- And lastly, choose how you would like to make your payments. CyberGhost offers the option of Bitcoin too, so you can remain anonymous.
- Create your password, and wait for your account page to appear.
- Click on “Download App.”
- Install the app on your device and sign in to your account.
- That’s about it!
The thing about this is that you’ll have to remember to cancel your subscription before the 45-day trial period. For a smooth transfer of funds, always go through the CyberGhost terms of service page.
What is better – The CyberGhost free trial or the money-back guarantee?
In most circumstances, the free trial is not considered better than the money-back guarantee period. There are many reasons around that, with the most prominent one being the time frame and features.
Free trials often offer limited space for testing the entire VPN app. However, the only plus side of a free trial is that zero payments are required, which is quite different from a money-back guarantee trial period. The refund trial period, on the other hand, offers a wider play for testing all of the app’s features, on multiple devices, and for a longer time.
So, to answer your question, I believe the CyberGhost money-back guarantee is much more convenient since you will be able to test the VPN on up to 7 devices simultaneously and for 45 days. If you’re worried about whether the CyberGhost money-back guarantee is not reliable, you have nothing to worry about. Here are a few things my team and I looked into:
- There are times when a VPN provider tricks a user into using a money-back guarantee and hides a lot of hidden agendas within the terms of service. You should always go through the entire policy before making decisions. To save your time, I’ve gone through the entire policy and found zero things to stay vary of.
- Canceling your account to avail of your money back should never be a huge task, especially if a VPN claims to offer a smooth passageway. Luckily, CyberGhost sticks to its policy to maintain smooth transactions of all refunds.
- If you’re paying through Bitcoin or other methods of cryptocurrency, you shouldn’t expect a refund. That is usually the standard policy for most VPN services. CyberGhost mentions pretty straightforwardly in their terms about what can and what cannot qualify for a refund.
So, with that said, make sure you go through the entire CyberGhost policy on its money-back guarantee. If you see anything that doesn’t fit your expectations, you could try out another free trial VPN.
What do you have access to during the free trial period?
For the completely free of charge 24-hour trial period, you’ll have access to all of the CyberGhost premium features like:
- 6900+ servers in 91 countries
- One of the very few VPNs that offer servers in China, 12 of them.
- 256-bit AES encryption
- Decent download speeds as per your local speed connection
- Access to streaming platforms like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, Disney Plus, etc.
- Unlimited bandwidth
- P2P optimized servers
And much more.
Why is there no streaming allowance during the free trial for Windows
There used to be a free version for Windows that allowed streaming on even the most restricted platforms like Netflix. However, due to some service issues, the CyberGhost team discontinued it.
How do I end my CyberGhost free trial for Android?
- You’ll first have to go to the Google Play Store.
- Once on, you’ll find a hamburger icon, click on it.
- Click on subscriptions.
- You’ll see a CyberGhost icon, click on it.
- And then click on cancel subscription.
How do I end my CyberGhost free trial for iPhone?
- Go to your settings and click on your iTunes account.
- Click on iTunes and App Store.
- Then click on your Apple ID
- Once you click on it, sign in to your account using your iTunes password.
- Then click on subscriptions at the bottom of the page.
- Finally, click on “cancel subscription” and confirm it.
CyberGhost has provided plenty of options for you to test its services out thoroughly. With the CyberGhost free trial, you’ll be unlocking premium access to all its features, with the best security, and speeds; adding online privacy and anonymity. That’s pretty much what CyberGhost is all about! They believe that everyone is entitled to their internet freedom.
CyberGhost also offers great discounts. You can keep track of them on our VPN deals and discount page.