In this guide, you will learn how to remove VPN on Windows or uninstall it in a few simple steps.
There are plenty of reasons why you’d want to disable a VPN. For starters maybe your subscription or trial period has ended, or you’re just not happy with the services altogether. However, disabling a VPN on your Windows isn’t a difficult task and is quite as easy as installing one. Take a look below to get started with the tutorial.
How to remove a VPN on Windows or uninstall it
It’s pretty easy to remove or disable a VPN on Windows. Follow this guide step by step and you should face any problems. Here’s how:
- On your start menu, open the Control Panel(if you can’t find it simply type it out on the start menu) or
- Type in View Network Connections on your start menu.
- You will see the list of VPN connections set up on your PC
- Highlight the VPN icon of the VPN you’d like to disable
- Right-click on it and click on “Disable”
- Now, to completely uninstall the VPN profile. Highlight the VPN by clicking on it, and you’ll see this menu on the image below, click on “Change settings of this connection.”
- Now, you’ll see a list of options, click on “Uninstall.”
- And then click on “Ok” to continue.
- Restart your device and you’ll now have your Windows VPN uninstalled or removed.
You now know how to remove a VPN on Windows. However, if you’re facing problems with your current VPN provider and are looking for better options, there are 5 VPNs for Windows that are the best. They are Surfshark, NordVPN, ExpressVPN, CyberGhost, and IPVanish. They offer free trials that you can use to test on your Windows 10.
Additionally, these VPNs come with great discounts. Keep track of them on our VPN deals page.