- VPN Services
- Best Price
- Get This Deal
- Safe Jurisdiction
- P2P File Sharing
- Best For
- Works in China
- Free Trial Available
Surfshark, a reliable VPN, accessible to Netflix; packing amazing features and security, providing unlimited multi-device logins per subscription.See it
NordVPN, compatible with all devices, wraps up the best features and security protocols, all while casing a wide platform of server locations.See it
ExpressVPN, known as the power-house VPN, with an impressive server list and a firm grip on security features and a friendly user-interface.See it
CyberGhost offers staunch security features with a more than generous pile of server locations, available to 7 multi-device logins per subscription.See it
FastestVPN lives up to its name; providing blazing speeds and unlimited bandwidth for all your P2P and streaming desires, and a seamless user-interface.See it
IPVanish, one of the few VPNs in the market that is perfect for accessing restricted streaming platforms like Netflix, supporting all major protocols.See it
Windscribe, a VPN that’ll protect your data providing solid security features like military-grade encryption; supporting major platforms.See it
Choosing the best VPN services for your online privacy can be extremely hectic and confusing. I’ll make things easier for you, by unveiling 7 of the best VPNs for multi-purposes. Keeping reading!
All the VPNs we’ll be discussing in a hot minute, have been reviewed by others and myself, tried and tested personally, carefully selected among many other VPN services.
But that’s not what makes these VPN services the best. I’ve picked them out mainly because of their all-round functionality, and compatibility towards any and every online task or service that needs sufficing.
So, eliminating the benefit of the doubt for you; saving you the trouble of going on a wild VPN chase, these providers are sure to offer you the best VPN services you could possibly need, without burning a huge hole in your pocket.
- Surfshark (All-rounder VPN with multi-logins to unlimited devices at $1.99/mo.)
- NordVPN (Innumerable features with DNS leak protection at $3.49/mo.)
- ExpressVPN (Power VPN perfect for streaming and P2P at $6.67/mo.)
- CyberGhost (Good security and P2P optimized servers at $2.75/mo.)
- FastestVPN (Fast speeds and sound security at $0.83/mo.)
- IPVanish (US-based, powered for accessing restricted websites at $3.25/mo.)
- Windscribe (A good freemium VPN with unlimited bandwidth at $4.08/mo.)
What is a VPN?
A VPN is short for “Virtual Private Network”. It isn’t like one of those trends that suddenly hit the market overnight. You could call it more of a necessity if you ever want to remain safe on the internet.
There are countless times when we surf the net and aren’t aware of every website we try to gain access to. The result in that could harm the device we use, or probably send the authorities rushing to your doorstep if I’m allowed to be dramatic.
The best VPN is a tool designed to make all your online connections or network connections extremely secure; while protecting your privacy.
For instance, when you are connected to a VPN, it allows the connections to blend in with that of the computer or any device you’re using. Once a secure connection is established, all your traffic will be routed through an encrypted tunnel. No more worrying about privacy, when surfing the internet!
A VPN allows you to gain access to restricted streaming services like Netflix, BBC iPlayer or Kodi. Maintaining your privacy and the provision of virtual IP addresses will come in handy if you’re in countries like China that have strict censorship laws. It also works pretty great for anyone who’s on the move and happens to connect to a public Wifi, which is also harmful for your device.
But to choose a VPN, you have to be able to do your research on an extensive level. Not all VPNs can provide the best services suitable for you, and in fact, could do more harm than good to your devices or anonymity.
For this very reason, to make your work a little easier, I tried and tested out every VPN mentioned above on the Top VPN Services Page. The outcome will render you the most trustworthy tools for securing your activities and identity; allowing you the liberty to surf right through the 21st century, securely.
To get set up with the best VPN in 2020 or learn about different VPN types, you can check out a more detailed VPN guide on how it works.
The Best VPN Services in the Industry for 2020
Since you’re a little caught up with what a VPN is, you should know that the VPNs I went with have exceptionally rich features and serve not just one but multiple purposes altogether. Let’s take a quick tour of what makes these 7 VPN providers some of the best VPN services for you.
- Surfshark definitely deserves a spot in being one of the best VPN services. Having hailed from the British Virgin Islands, this makes the VPN fairly safe since there aren’t any retention laws.
- It has around 1700+ servers in 64 countries, some of which are perfect for streaming and torrenting through restricted content.
- It has great speeds that go hand-in-hand with your streaming desires, leaving your experience buffer-free.
- A bold selection of security protocols which include a Kill Switch, major protocols (IKEv2, OpenVPN, Shadowsocks), GPS Spoofing, Clean Web, Multihop, Whitelister, DNS and Leak protection, and other advanced features like The Hacklock and BlindSearch.
- Access to restricted streaming services like Netflix, Disney+, BBC Player, and more.
- Compatibility with a superior list of devices like Windows, Android, iOS, Apple TV, macOS, FireStick, Nvidia Shield TV, and browser extensions,
- Amazing deals or discounts.
These are just a few of the highlighted features apart from further testing, taken from my Surfshark review, which shows it has so much more to offer only at $1.99/mo. You could try out the Surfshark free trial; allowing you access to its premium features!
- NordVPN is a Panama based VPN, a country that doesn’t observe any data retention laws.
- Another VPN that has a wide range of servers, 5500+ in 59 countries, spread across the globe.
- Speaking of a rich server list, it has a variety of US servers. This is why NordVPN is great for US Netflix and other libraries like Canada, France, UK, and the Netherlands.
- NordVPN takes its security measures very seriously, as do the others mentioned above, packing double protection with AES 256-bit encryption and DNS leak protection. It also has a Kill Switch, AdBlocker, and much more.
- Works in China!
- Compatible with major platforms like (Windows, Android, iOS, macOS, Android TV, Linux, and more).
- Delivers fast speeds, good for downloading all your favorite movies.
- Major protocols (PPTP, L2TP/IPsec, OpenVPN)
There’s a lot I could say about this VPN besides its main features, but you could probably check it out in a detailed NordVPN review. All-in-all, NordVPN is one of the best you could choose for multi-purposeful reasons, which comes at a reasonable price of $3.49/mo.
To test out the premium NordVPN features or just to test out its speed, the app comes with a free trial!
- Just like Surfshark, ExpressVPN is another British Virgin Islands-based VPN.
- It holds around 3000+ servers in 94 countries, some of which provide great speed lengths for all your streaming or downloading activities.
- ExpressVPN is known as one of the best VPN services in the industry where unblocking streaming services are concerned. It paves the way for gaining access through geo-censored streaming services like Netflix (more than one library), Hulu, HBO GO, BBC iPlayer and Amazon Prime.
- ExpressVPN offers a 7-day free trial for mobile devices (Android and iOS).
- Known to be one of the powerhouse VPNs in the industry, ExpressVPN doesn’t fall short of extremely strong security like bullet-proof AES 256-bit encryption, a Kill Switch and a Smart DNS feature called MediaStreamer.
- Adding to its security, it supports major protocols (PPTP, OpenVPN and L2TP/IPsec).
- Compatible with multiple platforms like Windows, iOS, macOS, Android, Linux, Routers and Smart TVs and so much more!
Being an all-rounder VPN, which you can see for yourself in an ExpressVPN review, there are so many more reasons that make it a part of the best VPN list. This provider is known as a little pricy as compared to others, with a price of $6.67/mo., but if you look at its features and performance, the price seems a little relevant.
- A Romanian based VPN, CyberGhost is located far from the 14-eyes alliance marking it safe.
- Has a huge list of server locations, 6000+ in 90 countries, including China! It also has dedicated servers for streaming and P2P.
- CyberGhost has got its security measures all figured out, having military-grade 256-bit encryption and sports all major protocols (OpenVPN, IKEv2, L2TP).
- Added to its list of security, it has a Kill Switch, and additional features by default that include (Blocking Ads, Malicious Websites, Online tracking, an Automated HTTPS Redirect, and a Data Compressor).
- Compatible with TOR adding to double encryption.
- Inbuilt split-tunneling feature called “Exceptions”.
- Access to restricted services that include Kodi, Netflix, Hulu, HBO GO, BBC iPlayer and more. You can check out its unblocking performance, using the CyberGhost free trial!
- Pretty decent speeds.
- Supports major platforms (Windows, Android, iOS, macOS, Linux, Fire TV, Android TV, and browser extensions).
- Hailing from the Cayman Island, supporting no retention laws.
- A small list of 350+ servers in 39+ locations but packs a powerhouse of great speeds, overall.
- Keeps its security measures in great focus with impenetrable 256-bit encryption overall and 128-bit on PPTP protocol, malware protection, NAT Firewall, Adblocker, and more.
- Has the widest range of protocols (PPTP, L2TP, OpenVPN, OpenConnect, IKEv2, and IPsec).
- Access to Netflix and other restricted streaming services.
- Compatibility with major platforms (Windows, iOS, Android, macOS. Linux, routers, and apps for Kodi, Roku, Apple TV, and more).
FastestVPN is really one for the money. Starting at just $0.83/mo, it provides the fastest speeds for HD streaming. For a clearer image regarding its speed test and security protocols, check out a FastestVPN review.
- A US-based VPN, means you get a free ticket right into Netflix.
- It has around 1300+ servers in 75+ countries including South Africa, and as discussed above, has dedicated servers towards accessing Netflix content as well as Amazon Prime, and Hulu.
- You can access these services by using its split tunneling feature for Android, Fire devices or Android TV devices.
- Speaking of, it supports all major platforms like Windows, macOS, Android, iOS and an app for Kodi.
- It’s pretty generous with its security features that make up for its location. Features like military 256-bit encryption, multiple protocols (IKEv2, OpenVPN and L2TP/IPsec), a SOCKS5 web proxy and more.
- If torrenting is something you’re in favor of, you could also score great speeds with IPVanish.
It makes one of the best and versatile VPN services that offer much more as compared to others in the market, only at a price of $3.25/mo. Besides this, if you’d like to check it out in detail, head over to an IPVanish review.
- A Canadian based VPN, that’s part of the eyes-alliance, but observes very strict no-logging and copyright policies.
- Known for being the best free and premium VPN in the industry.
- It has a very simple set of servers, around 100+ in 60+ countries.
- Known for providing staunch security like 256-bit ciphers with SHA512 authentication and 4096-bit RSA key encryption, advanced security like Static IP, malware and leak protection, Firewall, Ad Blocker and much more.
- Includes major protocols (OpenVPN, IKEv2 and Stealth)
- Dedicated servers called Windflix for accessing Netflix and P2P optimized servers with great speeds.
- Compatible with numerous platforms (Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, Linux, browser extensions, Smart TVs and more.
Testing the best VPN services
Just like every other testing procedure, we first started off with collecting some of the best VPNs in the industry. Slowly but gradually we shortlisted them based on certain aspects or functionalities. Some of these include:
- Making sure they are reasonably priced and include refund policies that are reliable.
- Abide by their strict privacy policies and no-data-retention laws.
- Additional advanced features like Kill Switch, multiple-protocols, encryption, etc.
- A speed test is conducted, using multiple servers, covering various locations. We check to see any major shifts in upload and download speeds.
- Further tests for IP leak, DNS and WebRTC leaks are conducted, again using various server locations.
- Additionally, we look for in-built features and whether the app is user-friendly, easy and not too complex in design according to various devices and whether or not it’s usable to beginners.
Why you need the best VPN services
Like a broken record on constant repeat, you’ve probably heard it over and over, about why you should be VPN protected. But, did you really focus and try to understand the importance of one?
Trust me when I say this, a VPN isn’t just some sales tactic, stripping you off your entire months’ salary (not that I’m saying it costs a pretty penny), but it’s more of a bare necessity that could do you a whole lot of good in the long run.
Privacy and security measures
As we’ve discussed towards the beginning, a VPN, short for Virtual Private Network, is the ultimate tool for providing every internet user the endless possibilities of staying safe and secure.
This is regardless of the situation you’re in. A VPN gives you the upper hand of keeping all your devices and data safe in one shot while masking your identity.
Protection from unknown Wifi-sources
Let’s say you’re at an unknown setting and don’t have any usual source of the internet at hand, you connect to the closest public Wifi that catches your attention. And what next?
There are many situations where the free public Wifi you’re connected to, aren’t put there out of the goodness of anyone’s heart, but rather there to steal all your sensitive information. That’s why you need a VPN to keep you and your device entirely safe.
Protection from cyberattacks
It protects you from cyber-attacks, hackers, viruses, enhances anonymity, and allows you to break the spell of streaming services or P2P platforms that are restricted or under geo-blocks.
How to choose the best VPN services
Looking at the rate of restricted and geo-blocked services, everyone around the world is bound to need a reliable VPN to get the job done. You’ll be surprised at how much of dire need is given towards it. For most countries who have restrictions put their way, they fall in the category of the biggest VPN users in the world in 2020.
But again, restricted services aren’t easy to get into and propagate policies that could be a big deal. For this reason, it’s best you get yourself acquainted with the best VPN in the industry, rather than a cheap knock-out version you may have found on a random website.
After going through why a VPN is necessary to continue surfing the internet, you also need to understand that just because it is needed, doesn’t mean you jump at the first VPN thrown your way.
All the VPNs mentioned in my list have been accumulated together based on the kind of features and security measures they offer and all you will need in a VPN. All 7 of them have been especially hand-picked based on the following:
- Jurisdiction – observing the no-data retention laws.
- Pricing – rendering a price that matches the rich features it provides.
- Servers – provide you with abundant server locations to stream and torrent with great speeds.
- Security – possessing top-notch security encryption and multiple protocols; protecting your devices and data.
- Accountability – making sure your privacy is maintained with leak protection and no-logging policies.
- Bandwidth – capable enough to provide you with unlimited bandwidth
- Compatibility – has to support all the major devices and apps for various platforms.
- Accessibility – providing you front row seats to all restricted streaming services like Netflix.
- Functionality – able to function in many countries that have strong censorship laws like China and South Africa.
- Masking – strong enough to mask your identity, GPS or IP.
- Helpline – it may seem unimportant, but every provider must be responsive enough to assist you with your VPN requirements.
All 7 VPN providers mentioned are capable enough to provide you with all-round accessibility and a plethora of rich features, enough to let you safely surf through multiple internet dimensions.
The best VPN – What services are you looking for?
Okay, since you’ve come this far; going through the VPN guide on how to choose one and what services they provide, you probably understand what a VPN is, a little more clearly. But just in case you’re looking for a VPN based on specific needs, here’s another guide on:
Cheapest VPN with the best features
There are many budgeted VPNs out there, but only a pinch of them pack a heavy lot of features according to the price on it. These VPNs are not only cost-friendly but deliver the best in overall performance.
Fast speeds and P2P/Torrenting
Torrenting can be a huge pain and it’s for a valid reason; especially when it takes forever. To be able to torrent also means breaking a 100 copyright laws, all for the sake of private content stolen from some source or the other.
But apart from this, it’s also the best way to torrent distro (Linux distribution). So for that, you should consider one of the four affordable VPNs, providing superior speeds.
Streaming – Best VPN for Netflix and Kodi
Binging on all the latest movies or series is the number one source of entertainment. However, Kodi and Netflix seem to be among the more popular choices. To gain access to streaming service giants like Netflix and Kodi can only be done with the help of the best VPN.
One of the biggest entertainment and streaming must-haves to make it to everyone’s hit-list is from services like Netflix or Kodi. But again, not everyone in the world is entitled to enjoy such perks.
Netflix has certain restrictions put its way and only offered in full swing to the people of America. Kodi, on the other hand, is a free open-source media player, but not everyone around the world can access it to the max.
So to get on board with the US Netflix library and to stream safely on Kodi without restrictions, you should really consider one of these three VPNs; known for having the best unblocking game in the VPN market or opt for free premium Netflix VPNs to put them to the test.
VPNs for seamless gaming
When you’re part of a gaming crew or even taking part in online gaming with other players from around the world, there are chances that not everyone around the globe has access to gaming platforms; like Fortnite. There are more likelier chances for the speeds to drop during your gaming.
Choosing the best VPN for it means putting an end to buffering and gaining access to restricted gaming websites. These 5 VPNs also create a seamless experience for its users by protecting all the devices and data in use.
You can also set up a VPN on your PS4 device; allowing it to function with great speeds and unlock great lengths of entertainment.
The best privacy measures
These three VPNs, all hailing from privacy-friendly regions with a user-friendly interface are the best for keeping your data anonymous and secured.
They offer great online privacy experiences, without any logging-policies, nor leaks in IP, DNS or WebRTC. All the VPNs in our list abide by the no-logging rule, but these 3 stand out in having more than just the logging feature; with the inclusion of solid privacy features in the app.
Best for Firestick TV and Nvidia Shield
Scoring the fastest and most secure connections for all your online and global streaming can be a big bust if you choose the wrong VPN. The three mentioned above, are more than compatible with the two most famous streaming and gaming entities; firestick and Nvidia Shield.
They provide security, privacy, access to geo-blocked sites, heavy encryption protocols and fast HD streaming speeds. Besides Firestick TV and Nvidia, these 3 VPNs work great for a couple of other platforms as well, like Comcast Xfinity; eliminating poor speeds, geo-blocked content, all while protecting your personal information.
Best for Android and iOS devices
Being the bases of the most downloaded platforms, you’ll find countless providers shipping their VPN apps, even though almost 90% of them do more harm than good.
Both Android and iOS devices have come with inbuilt security, but it isn’t enough.
The search for the best VPN for your Android or iOS could send you into a frenzied, wild goose chase. These two VPNs are by far the best, giving you access to a wide range of services, user-friendly apps, and supporting not just two but a vast number of platforms, and actually delivering tight security measures; even on an iPhone.
Best for Windows
Being the most famous platform for carrying out your day to day internet surfing, these VPNs are designed specifically for Windows clients, and comes with a user-friendly interface. They make a perfect pick, with all-round features, having P2P and streaming support, a no-logging policy, and tight security.
Best for Mac
Apple has come a long way in making the best products that serve quite a shiny surface of protection, with solid privacy measures.
But again, every device always deserves a bit of more attention to detail, especially where security is concerned.
Third-party websites, ISPs, and hackers are always on the hunt for new data to steal – new platforms to invade. For this, the only solution to make sure your mac devices are protected, is with a reliable VPN. The 3 mentioned are the most suitable for macOS devices.
Functionality with Chromebook
It doesn’t matter if you use a desktop, a phone or even a laptop, all your devices are vulnerable to online threats. It’s always best to do your research and look for the best VPN reliable enough to support multiple platforms.
These 4 VPNs have made it to the list of best VPNs for your Chromebook and more depending upon speeds, encryption, and budget and overall performance.
Best for browser extensions
Choosing the best VPN should always deliver an extra lead towards browser extensions. There are countless of websites that you might log on-to, on a regular basis, from your unprotected browser. Most of these websites bring on malicious content or lead on cybercriminals; endangering your devices and data.
These VPNs are the best for not only being compatible with innumerable devices but also have VPN extensions for Chrome and Firefox added among its list of perks; those being the most widely used browser extensions.
Best on routers
Choosing a VPN that works well with multiple platforms including routers, is a big win-win situation. Using a VPN on a router means immediate connectivity to the VPN services for countless devices that aren’t directly compatible with a VPN or for platforms that don’t come with a dedicated app.
Provides top-notch security
Providing staunch security features like Kill Switch, bullet-proof encryption, DNS leak protection and much more, maintaining its no-data retention laws, these are perfect for keeping all your devices super secure, far from harm’s way.
A good free and premium VPN
There are many free VPNs in the market, but most of them are falsely advertised. Windscribe is known to be the best and most reliable freemium VPNs in the industry, being very generous with its free features and great speeds.
Best for China
China among a couple of other countries have been cursed with censorship blocks. It is also one of the main countries to be very strict on tracking down VPNs and blocking them. Very few VPNs lately have made it to the list of being able to work profoundly while being in China.
Compatibility with TOR
TOR is like an extra layer of security or a single layer when on its own. Pairing it with the best VPN, doubles its chances of security, creating a thick protective shield for all your devices.
However, when using TOR with a VPN, your download speeds could lag impeccably. So it’s always wise to choose VPNs that provide robust security features and moderate speeds if not high.
On the other hand, if you ever find yourself in the deep, dark web of the woods while using TOR, always remember that the safer option would be using a VPN with TOR. This is because even though TOR acts as a layer of protection, other websites or ISP can still see that you’re using it. Running it with a VPN can add anonymity.
Best for simultaneous Multi-logins
- Surfshark – (Unlimited multi-connections)
- CyberGhost – (7 multi-device logins)
- NordVPN – (6 multi-device logins)
- ExpressVPN – (5 multi-device logins)
- IPVanish – (10 multi-device logins)
- Windscribe – (unlimited multi-connections)
- FastestVPN – (10 multi-device logins)
The best part about shortlisting these 7 best VPNs, also depends upon the amount of multi-device logins it allows. Convenient enough, all of the VPNs enlisted on this page allow multiple connections per subscription, keeping all your devices secure from wherever you may be, in a single shot.
The best VPN in terms of all-round services
I’d hate to pick just one among these 7 amazing VPNs, but if I’m being honest, Surfshark has made it to the top of the VPN list for a number of reasons.
- It’s known as one of the top dogs in the VPN industry and not because it has a catchy name to it, but rather, because of the quality features this VPN possesses.
- The app has a friendly interface targeted towards beginner or professional usage.
- It’s an all-rounder VPN with the best security measures, keeps your privacy/anonymity as its peak priority.
- Possesses fast speeds, unblocks restricted streaming services and websites.
- Compatible with unlimited devices for example: (Windows, iOS, Android, macOS, routers and Fire TV).
- It allows unlimited device-connections simultaneously with just one subscription.
So it’s pretty much like paying a small price of $1.99/mo., unlocking the best of the best.
What all can you do with a VPN?
The question should really be, what all can’t you do with a VPN. The possibilities of using a VPN are endless.
Keeps your life private
Firstly, it is the main factor behind providing you with the privacy you deserve. You’ll never have to worry about websites or your ISP tracking your every move or browsing through your history.
Access to geo-restricted streaming services
Will let you access content from all over the world. In most circumstances, you probably would have a tough time watching all your favorite shows from wherever you are located. This happens especially if the content you want is available only to the locals of another country.
Like Netflix is available full-fledged in the US. With a VPN, you’d just have to connect to one of the server locations of the content that’s broadcasted in that country. With the best VPN, you could access platforms like Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Kodi, Amazon Prime and many other local or international services.
Bypass censorship blocks
Speaking of accessing restricted content, there are countries like China, Russia or Iran that have censorship laws on a tight leash by the government; putting a ban on VPNs and access to many websites.
Using a VPN in these countries could put a damp to the law. However, the VPNs I mentioned are among government-approved VPNs, as well as able to break through censored platforms.
Protection from third-party hotspots
Have you heard of stranger danger? The same applies to public internet hotspots. When in a public place, never try to gain access to any unknown Wifi source without a VPN. This can cause valuable data on your phone to be hacked or wiped out.
VPNs today are developed also for the use of high-end businesses or corporations. It allows you to connect to the company’s Intranet when traveling to another country, eliminating the requirement to connect with an unknown internet source.
Unlimited bandwidth and speed
If you’re a streaming or torrenting fanatic, you probably understand how devastating it can be to have your content stop midway or even buffer for the longest time. This usually happens with the limited data caps provided either by your ISP or the streaming service. This could be completely avoided by using a reliable VPN that allows you unlimited bandwidth and great speeds, bumping up your streaming possibilities.
Apart from this, torrenting can be quite a risk. Most of its usage involves breaking through copyright laws to download content. That pretty much makes it illegal. However, if you happen to pick one of these 7 VPNs, you’d be far from worrying about the inevitable.
Using your device for extreme surfing could sometimes leave you accessing the wrong website at the wrong time. A VPN helps secure your device from viruses or malware, keeps your data leak-free and punches away unwanted ads/pop-ups that could be clickbait. The best VPNs I’ve discussed even allow you to protect multiple devices simultaneously, with just one subscription.
This is different from wanting your privacy. Sometimes you just don’t want to be found. You’d like to surf the net without third parties or your ISP finding out who you are or where you’re located. A VPN masks your actual IP, providing you with another IP address from a different location according to your preference.
Of course, not all VPNs can allow you the unlimited requirements that you deserve, for this reason, I have shortlisted the best VPNs that can get the job done for you.
Safeguards multiple devices at a time
Internet users of this age are usually hooked on to not one but many devices at a time. There are many VPNs in the industry that have vast usages but not all provide the ability to safeguard multiple devices at a go. So, to avoid making many subscriptions, the VPNs listed to allow you to connect up to multiple devices simultaneously per subscription.
Choosing the right server locations for the job
I can’t stress enough on how important it is to choose the best VPN. Most VPN providers may be cheaper in comparison, but that would be no good if the security and server list they provide is stale in comparison.
The list of VPNs I have provided on this page, are more than meets the eye. Being rich in both features and functionality, they have a server list that’s abundant in locations that are suitable for carrying out certain tasks.
For example, if you wish to Netflix, it is best you connect to a US server for the best results. Other country locations that hold strict data privacy laws and super speeds, which you can connect to, on one of these VPNs, are:
Can I use a free VPN?
Yes, you can, but is that really what you want?
There are very few free VPN services in the market that actually offer good services and if you land up with the wrong one, there’s a lot that can go wrong.
For a clearer picture, a free VPN can be described as a can of peas that may have expired three months ago. You go for it without thinking twice or if they’d be okay to eat because the price tag on it is practically close to free. You eat it and find yourself sick to your stomach.
If you’re wondering why I compared a free VPN to an expired can of peas, well then you need to understand that as tempting as the offer of a free VPN sounds, doesn’t mean it could be the safest option. It could be a danger in ways like:
- Not encrypting your data
- Won’t be virus or malware protected
- Won’t take care of the privacy/anonymity you need.
- Be a risky option and an open invitation for hackers to break-in
- Lacks masking abilities that could reveal your identity in one wrong shot
On the other hand, like I said there are only a couple of free VPNs that are reliable. But it’s best if you go for Windscribe, which has both free and pro versions; offers rich features and even better security in its premium version. It’s one of the few VPNs that offer plentiful features even for its free version.
Are VPNs legal?
Now coming to the question that has been circling most of our minds. Yes, VPNs are legal, in 196 countries to be exact. I checked!
However, the legality of VPNs is a very delicate topic and needs to be taken seriously. Just because you have access or the power to work a VPN from where you are, doesn’t mean it’s wise to abuse its usage. Rules always apply.
On the other hand, there are a couple of countries that do have a VPN block put up. They include:
These countries have policies against VPNs and if caught, you could be charged with the circumstances. However, cutting the grim from the situation, these countries do allow certain VPNs that are approved by the government.
This is why I have hand-picked 7 of the best VPN services, based on their profound functionality and precautionary measures.
Choosing the best VPN services for every single activity you partake in, is your given right. But it all depends on how you choose to take advantage of these perks.
These 7 VPNs have done justice in my books, providing not only the best security and speeds in the VPN realm but also sticking to their policies, which you’ll be able to see in extent in all my reviews per VPN.
They work particularly great for almost everyone around the world, in countries like the UK, US, China, Iran, etc. It gives you the chance to experiment with your rights in the online world. You’ll also be able to stream endlessly on platforms like Netflix, Hulu, HBO GO, Amazon Prime and much more.
All 7 providers are capable of protecting all your devices. They provide dedicated IP, incorporate the best server locations for the job, are compatible with a rich platform of devices/apps. Some of these platforms include (Windows, iOS, macOS, Android, Chrome extensions, smart TVs, gaming consoles, etc.); all while preserving your online privacy.
These 7 are the perfect choice for small businesses, large corporations even the best for home, school or colleges. Their features are capable enough to suit any setting or platform, and another great part of them is, that they have free-trials and refund policies, enough for you to try them out!