For those using NordVPN, have you ever gotten the “NordVPN Background Process is not Running” error before? If yes, the good news is, there’s an easy fix! You don’t need to delete or reinstall the app!
Usually, deleting and reinstalling the NordVPN app could be a fix, but there are other easier ways! Thing is, this error could occur even if you reinstall the app. So, why go through extra steps? This guide will show you the best way to fix the “NordVPN Background Process is not Running” issue!
Need to know how? Then keep reading!
NordVPN is by far one of the most reliable and working VPNs in the industry. It’s affordable, super-fast, and unblocks Netflix. These are only the tip of what NordVPN offers, which is why it’s a popular choice among users.
However, every VPN, no matter how great encounters issues at some point. No VPN comes without a few glitches, but that doesn’t mean you discard it and jump to the next big thing. Chances are you might encounter similar issues with another provider.
Most users face the NordVPN Background Process is not Running message error on the Windows app. This is one of the more common issues, and usually occurs when a new VPN app update is out, which usually comes with some flaws. However, NordVPN usually jumps to these situations and immediately starts working on the issues.
How to fix the “NordVPN background process is not running” issue
It’s not that difficult and only requires a few steps where you can address the issue heads on. You might’ve pressed on the “Start process” button a few too many times but that just doesn’t work. So, here’s what you can do:
Clear caches on the NordVPN app
- First, open the task manager by pressing on Ctrl+Alt+Delsimultaneously and then click on the processes tab.
- You’ll see a number of running processes, so click on the one that says “nordvpn-service.exe” and “NordVPN.exe”from the list.
- Right-click on it, and then on End process treefor both or on End task.
- Now, you won’t need your task manager anymore, so close it.
- Launch the “Run menu” by clicking on the (Windows button and R) at the same time.
- A small window will pop up at the bottom left of the screen. Type in %localappdata% and then click on “OK.”
- Once you click on OK, you’ll have another window pop up that contains a long list of app folders that are already installed on your device. Only look for the “NordVPN” folder, right-click on it and then click on “Delete.”
- When you click on the delete button, it’ll only clear up the NordVPN app cache.
- Lastly, restart the NordVPN app, and that should fix the Background process is running problem.
Does NordVPN run in the background?
Yes, it is. However, there are a few issues that may stop NordVPN from working or connecting to the internet. Either add exceptions or delete your antivirus app, clear or power saving apps. These apps often hamper the way a VPN app works or restricts it from running smoothly.
This is the simplest and easiest way to get rid of the NordVPN Background Process is not Running message, which is simply done by clearing out your cache. Then all you need to do is restart the NordVPN app.
When prompted with a message during start up, always allow the app to connect to the internet through User Account Control. If you’re still encountering issues, just contact the NordVPN support chat for further assistance.
If everything fails, you could go for another great provider. If you’re looking for similar affordable options, you can follow our VPN deals and discount page. We’ve only rounded up the best working VPNs.