If you’re a huge fan of the tech and VPN world, then I’m pretty darn sure NordVPN has topped your list as one of the best VPN providers in the industry. So, if you’re looking for one of the most reliable VPNs in town, why not try out the NordVPN free trial first? Yes, there’s a free trial period!
It’s understandable for a newbie to be completely unsure about whether they’re investing in the right VPN. It’s your money that’s being spent, so, you most definitely have every right to do a little digging and test the VPN out for yourself.
Luckily, NordVPN is one of the few that offer a free trial and a reliable refund policy.
First, let’s take a look at the…
NordVPN 7-Day free trial
NordVPN used to proudly boast its 3-day free trial a few months ago, which didn’t require you to provide any credit card or payment details, except for your email ID.
The NordVPN free trial used to be cost-free, but, then they decided to drop the idea as soon as many customers started abusing its perks. You won’t even find it mentioned on the website! That’s how careful they’re being!
However, good news! NordVPN has decided to bring back free trial period, which is around 7-days. This is available only to mobile users. You can avail of your free trial directly from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store, with the provision of your credit card details. Further added, you will have to cancel your free trial period before or within the 7-day slot, if you don’t fancy being charged.
How to claim your 7-day NordVPN free trial
The thing about free trial VPNs and free VPNs is that there’s always a catch. However, the great thing about NordVPN is that along with its free trial and refund period, it provides absolutely unlimited access to all of its premium features, which will be discussed further in the FAQ section.
Anywho! Here’s how to get started with your 7-day free trial period for Android and iOS mobile devices:
- First, head over to either the “Google Play Store or the Apple App Store”, and search for NordVPN.
- You’ll find a “Free Trial” button, click on it.
- To get the 7-day free trial activated, click on “Start Free Trial”, like so:
- To complete the entire process and get started with NordVPN’s amazing VPN security features, enter in your credit card information.
And don’t worry about reliability, NordVPN is pretty trustworthy when it comes to keeping promises!
NordVPN follows pretty strict policies. So, to avail of your refund, make sure you follow the steps precisely, and don’t forget to cancel your trial period once you’re done giving the VPN a test drive.
The main reason NordVPN changed its policies regarding the provision of credit card details is because several netizens had been abusing the 3-day free trial period. There were also some questions from the Reddit community, that were, “How do i abuse my free trial?” to which another Reddit user replied:
If you’re done with your 7-day free trial period and still want more, here’s what you need…
The NordVPN 30-day trial period
If you feel like 7-days was just not enough and need a little more time to test out all of the NordVPN features, you should give its 30-day refund trial a go! NordVPN, being a great a provider, seems to be looking out for its users a whole lot more, by allowing you to test it out on 6 devices simultaneously per subscription for the 30-day trial.
You can use the money-back guarantee on all the major but supported devices like Windows, Android, iOS, Smart TVs, Linux, Firestick etc.
There are very few circumstances where a VPN provides both a free trial and a refund trial period. NordVPN provides both, just in case you’re still double-minded. Here’s how to get started with the 30-day trial period with a money-back guarantee:
- Head over to the NordVPN website, and click on the Pricing tab.
- Get started by choosing a suitable payment package for you. Don’t worry you won’t get charged if you cancel your trial period within the 30-day time frame.
- Create your account, by providing an email ID and a password:
- Choose a method of payment. NordVPN also provides the option of cryptocurrency, just in case you want to stay anonymous.
Remember, you’ll only get charged for the package you signed up with, if you don’t cancel your trial period within the 30-day slot. You can cancel your account subscription at any given time, but a full refund can only be availed within the first 30-days after signing up.
Also note, as much as I trust NordVPN, always make sure to read carefully through their terms of service regarding the refund, or contact the support chat for further details. They’re very helpful!
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions just in case you’re looking for a quick fix:
What’s the difference between the NordVPN discount coupon and the free trial?
There is a difference between the free trial and the NordVPN discount coupon. The free trial lets you test out the VPNs premium features, whereas the discount coupon lets you know the best NordVPN price at the moment. This includes the best-budgeted VPN price for you, and gives you an insight on what package to go with just in case you feel like continuing with the VPN after the free trial.
The NordVPN price by the month is around $11.95/mo. Its 1-year plan is around $6.99/mo., 2-year plan around $4.99/mo., and the best price at the moment is its 3-year plan of $3.49/mo., saving you a huge 70%.
How do I set-up the NordVPN app?
- After you’ve subscribed to NordVPN, download the app and install it.
- Once you’ve installed it, launch the app.
- You’ll be required to login with the same email and password you provided when subscribing to the service.
- Head over to the settings and make any changes that you seem fit.
- Connect to a suitable NordVPN server location.
- Hit connect and start surfing!
What can I do with the 7-day free trial period?
Just because it’s a free trial period, doesn’t mean that NordVPN will deprive you of its premium features. There’s a lot that you can do with NordVPN, even if it’s for only 7 days. If security and privacy is what you’re looking for, then NordVPN provides top-grade encryption protocols, a Kill Switch and other advanced feature to add to your device and data security measures.
If entertainment is your main focus, then NordVPN is known to provide you with immediate access to restricted streaming platforms like Netflix, ESPN, Disney Plus, Comedy Central, BBC iPlayer, HBO Go, Hulu, DAZN, Hotstar, and Amazon Prime, etc. It also provides support for P2P file sharing. However, surf safely and wisely!
How to avail of a full refund?
If you’re not satisfied with NordVPN within the first month, ask for a refund by:
- Login with your account details on the web-page.
- On your account page, you’ll find an icon that says “Change Plan” and “Confirm Cancellation”.
- Head over to the live chat support and reconfirm your refund through cancellation of the account.
- Request a refund.
- And that’s it! It’ll take a short while for the money to transfer back into your account.
How can I cancel my NordVPN subscription?
Just in case you’re not too thrilled about NordVPN, you can end your subscription by:
- Login to your NordVPN account on the website.
- Next you click on your Account and then on Payments
- You’ll find a button that says, Cancel Subscription, towards the end of the page.
- They’ll probably ask you for a valid reason so that they can improve or resolve the issue.
- Click on Continue and then on Cancel My Subscription.
What features does the free trial come with?
Most of you must assume that just because it’s a free trial, automatically means it comes with a little less features. However, if I gave you a whole idea of what NordVPN provides, it’ll probably turn this free trial blog into a NordVPN Review.
So, here’s a brief idea of what to expect from the NordVPN free trial:
- AES 256-bit encryption
- OpenVPN protocol
- 5500+ servers in 59 countries
- Unblocks US Netflix, Disney Plus, Amazon Prime and more
- Fast speeds
- P2P support
- 6 multi-device support
- Unlimited bandwidth (even for the free trials)
- Kill Switch
- 24/7 support chat
NordVPN is among some of the best VPN providers in the industry, and this is why you now get access to the NordVPN free trial.
It offers only the best for all its valued users and future customers. This also includes stretching out its premium services by offering a 7-day free trial for Android and iOS mobile users, and a 30-day money-back guarantee for you to test the premium VPN out a little longer. This is practically giving you free access to NordVPN.