Don’t know how to cancel your NordVPN account and get a refund? This guide will show you the easiest way how!
Before moving ahead, here’s a little tested fact about the NordVPN service, just in case you weren’t aware, and haven’t canceled your account yet.
Why not try NordVPN before canceling your account?
Just in case you aren’t satisfied with the NordVPN prices, you should know that the service comes with a 7-day free trial for iOS and Android smartphones.
There’s also the added perk that the NordVPN services comes with a reliable and tested 100% 30-day refund policy. You’ll find it on top of each subscription plan.
Plus, if you think the monthly prices aren’t within your range, why not go for the cheapest NordVPN plan? They’re always coming up with the best discounts – saving you a lot of money.
How to cancel your NordVPN account or subscription
In this guide, I’ll be showing you a very simple, straight-to-the-point tutorial on how to cancel your NordVPN account via two methods.
- UCP (User Control Panel)
Canceling your NordVPN account via UCP
- Start by first visiting the NordVPN website, and sign in to your account. Use the exact same credentials that you used to sign up for the Nord services.
- Once signed in, go to the Dashboard settings and look for the tab that says “My Services”. Click on the tiny grey box with (3 dots). And then click on “Cancel automatic payments”.
- You’ll now receive a reconfirmation pop up, asking you if you want to “Confirm Cancellation” or “Keep Auto Payments”. Click on confirm cancellation. Here’s what it looks like:
- Once confirmed, now click on “Close”.
- Now, to double-check whether your account and future payments have been canceled, head to your Dashboard, and under My Services, you should see the “Extend Plan” box. This means your account has been deactivated.
Canceling your NordVPN account via email
Canceling your account via email is fairly simple. All you have to do is:
- Head to the “Contact support” page, and from the 3 options below, click on “Email Us”
- Once you click on it and choose which app to email them with. You’ll be asked to provide a reason as to why you wish to cancel your account. This is part of the process, just in case, the NordVPN team can assist you any further with your decision.
- Hit the send button and wait for one of their agents to respond. The support chat or email support always responds within a day and in hardly over an hour.
- Once they get back to you, your subscription cancellation should be under process.
How to avail of a 100% NordVPN refund?
Contact the live chat support and request a refund. The agent who’s in correspondence with you should ask you a few questions like why you’d want to cancel your account and avail of a refund.
The good thing about NordVPN is that they don’t beat around the bush.
They avail you of a full refund immediately. Once your refund has been put through the system, it’ll take around 3-5 working days for the fund to be transferred back into your account. However, make sure your account cancellation is a genuine case.
All those who signed up for Android and iOS are not included in the refund policy. Also note that NordVPN has discontinued PayPal as a payment option, so getting a refund through that might be tricky.
NordVPN is quite a popular choice among users and is by far one of the best right now. It unblocks multiple streaming services, some of which include Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime, Disney Plus, and more! The speeds are great too!
However, there will always be circumstances where certain customers aren’t fully satisfied with the results or might have a smaller budget.
For instance, maybe the NordVPN background process issue is getting to you, even though it’s completely fixable! Either way, my suggestion would be to look at cheaper VPN comparisons to see what fits you better.
You can also take a look at our VPN deals page for the best discounts on VPN services.