Not happy with your ExpressVPN subscription and wish to cancel it? In this guide, I’ll be showing you how to cancel your ExpressVPN account and request a 100% refund before the clock strikes out.
ExpressVPN is, by far, one of the best VPN services I’ve tested and used when compared to the countless other providers available. However, sometimes even the best isn’t enough for everyone, and that’s alright.
You probably aren’t too happy with the results, which sometimes differ depending on where you’re located, might not be within your budget, or maybe you just feel like calling it quits with VPN services altogether.
However, whatever the reason may be, you are still allowed to cancel your ExpressVPN subscription before the given deadline and ask for a full refund before the 30-day mark.
Confused on how to get started? Take a look below!
How to successfully cancel your ExpressVPN subscription
Whenever you sign up for the ExpressVPN service, you get to access a wide variety of superlative features. Yes, the service is a little pricey, but that’s why you should go for the discounted price instead of the ExpressVPN monthly plan.
Also, apart from the ExpressVPN discount coupon, it has a 7-day free trial for smartphones and a reliable 30-day refund policy. This means anyone willing to try the VPN out now has a whole month of premium access. All you have to do is download and install the app to get started.
The following steps are for anyone who’d like to cancel their ExpressVPN account regardless of being ten months into the service or only on the 10th day of the refund trial period.
Here’s how to begin:
- First, head over to the ExpressVPN website and sign in to your account.
- Now, once you’ve signed in, go into your Dashboard and click on “Manage subscription settings.”
- Click on “Turn off automatic renewal” in the settings.
- You’ll be redirected to another page, provided with three options. Click on the one that says, “I have an issue and don’t want to keep using ExpressVPN.” And then click on “Skip.”
- You’ll be redirected to a warning page, providing you with two options. Click on the one that says, “Stop my service on the expiration date.”
- Now, you’ll be redirected back to your Dashboard. Click on the option that says “Turn On Automatic Renewal.”
Now that you’ve canceled your subscription proceed to get a refund.
How to get a full ExpressVPN refund
- Once you’ve re-confirmed the cancellation of the automatic renewal, contact the ExpressVPN support chat asking them for a refund. On your account page, you’ll see a little blue box at the lower-left corner of the screen that says “Need help? Contact us”. Click on it.
- Once you click the chatbox, fill out a form with your email ID, and ask them for the cancellation of your account and a refund. Hit the “Send” button.
- That’s about it. You’ll now receive an email, letting you that your request for a refund and cancellation has been processed. It’ll take a few business days for the process and then an additional week or less to receive a full ExpressVPN refund.
ExpressVPN is great. It managed to unblock multiple streaming services with the best speeds, some of which include Netflix and Amazon Prime. You can catch all of its test and performance results in my ExpressVPN review.
However, since it’s on the pricier side, and in case you wish you cancel your ExpressVPN account, there are other cheaper alternatives.