In this guide, you’ll learn how to unblock Netflix with NordVPN within minutes!
The thing about Netflix is, that regardless of where you’re residing, the sure fact of it all still lies on whether or not certain movies are available for you.
Netflix has many libraries, and each library is allowed for screening or access only within a couple of countries. But, of course, it is available in full swing to the people in the US.
I know right? That’s just not fair!
And, you’re probably wondering how you’d ever gain access to all your favorite movies or TV shows when traveling abroad? Or, whether you’d ever be able to access Netflix in general? You should know that there’s always a workaround method for that, and the safest way is by using the best VPN for Netflix!
However…Does NordVPN work with it?
Does NordVPN work with Netflix? How can I be sure?
Yes, it does! And to be sure, you’ll probably have to test the VPN out on your own, just like I did! In my test results, NordVPN worked seamlessly, unblocking not one but many Netflix libraries.
There are many other providers that may have crossed your mind, but unblocking or accessing certain Netflix libraries isn’t as easy as it looks!
The thing is, Netflix is one of the toughest codes to crack! This streaming platform has made it super-difficult for many VPNs to bypass. There aren’t many providers that are or could be deemed as “worthy”, especially where Netflix is concerned!
That’s why one of the best bets right now is NordVPN!
Why can’t I access Netflix easily?
If you’re planning on accessing Netflix from an unauthorized region, it’s best you use a VPN. Netflix has certain laws. These mainly revolve around copyright policies, allowing only certain countries to access it.
Since more and more people are trying to break through, using various VPN providers, Netflix started blocking off any and every VPN it could get its hands on.
Only great providers like NordVPN are equipped with heavy security tools, able enough to bypass strict Netflix geo-blocks. And the best part about it is that with NordVPN, you can access multiple libraries from anywhere in the world.
How to access Netflix with NordVPN in 2020
If you’re new to using a VPN or let alone a fresh NordVPN user, it’s rather easy to bypass Netflix blocks and doesn’t take very long to get you started. Since the widely accessed or most on-demand movies/ TV shows lie within the US library, here’s a tutorial on how to watch Netflix with NordVPN.
- If you don’t already have a NordVPN subscription, proceed by subscribing to its services by picking the most suitable price package for you. The best-discounted price is $3.71/mo., for the 2-year plan.
- Download and Install the app on a supported device. NordVPN is compatible with a big variety of platforms. Choose the best one in which Netflix is easily accessible.
- Once installed, open the NordVPN app.
- Connect to a US server. There are many US servers available, all of which are good for accessing the US Netflix library.
- Now before streaming, first browse through various Netflix movies and TV shows that are only available in the US.
- Head over to the Netflix app or website, and search for the movie you chose.
- You’ve now unblocked the US content, so start streaming!
This is just the short and easiest way to show you how to easily access the US library. If in case you’d like to access more than just the US library, you should know that NordVPN unblocks multiple other shows and movies from all around the world.
For instance, if you’ like to watch movies in the UK or Canadian library, just do so by connecting to either a Canadian or UK server.
NordVPN has managed to pull through in many circumstances, especially where bypassing geo-blocks are concerned. There are even times when people can’t seem to access BBC iPlayer but have found that NordVPN works wonders.
The NordVPN Netflix server handbook
Netflix is available to only a few countries around the world, providing access to certain libraries. However, as mentioned above, with a NordVPN subscription, you’ll be able to access numerous other Netflix libraries, and to double-check, I contacted the NordVPN support team.
They mentioned that NordVPN supports Netflix in the US, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Japan, Italy, Australia, France, Spain, and the Netherlands. To unblock movies within these libraries, just connect to any of the NordVPN servers from that location.
Since NordVPN supports Netflix in multiple regions, as mentioned above, you can use the following servers to connect to multiple Netflix libraries. They are:
To access all the content on the US library, you can connect to all the NordVPN US servers. It further extends its access through using other servers locations except for the ones in CA, DE, UK, FR, IT, JP, AU, NL, and ES.
To access the Canadian library, connect to any one of the Canadian NordVPN servers. You can utilize all the CA severs on a desktop client, and only stick to #283,284, 285, 286, 287, 288, 289, 290, 295, 296, 297, 298, 299, 300, 301, 302, 303, 304, 305, 306, 307, 308, 309, 310, 311, 312, 313, 314, 315, 316, 317, 318, for mobile devices.
To stream Netflix content in this DE, connect to anyone of the German NordVPN servers. However, the best according to me is #71, #90 and #99
Netflix United Kingdom
To access some of the best Netflix content in UK, you can access it by connecting to any NordVPN UK server. However, for the best results, connect to servers #1044, #1064, #1207, #1346, #1417 and #1436.
To access Netflix in FR, connect to any NordVPN France server. For immediate and the best results, connect to FR servers #253, #346, #382, #428, and #512.
To binge on content from this region, connect to anyone of the NordVPN IT servers. The best ones so far are #98, and #154.
Connect to any one of the NordVPN JP servers to access Netflix content within the region. The best servers for quick access depending on your location are #244, #396, #428, and #491.
Unblock Netflix content within this region using any one of the NordVPN Australian servers.
Bypass Netflix geo-blocks and access content within this region with connection to any one of the Netherland servers in NordVPN. However, for smoother results, connect to the #384 server.
Connect to #21, #24, or any other Korean server on the NordVPN app to access Netflix within your region.
To access Mexican Netflix content within your region, connect to servers #17, #40, #44, or try out any MX server on NordVPN.
To access BR Netflix within your region, connect to a NordVPN Brazilian server.
NordVPN is not working with Netflix! What do I do?
Every VPN is capable of mistakes or defaults. Just like every other great VPN provider that works with Netflix, sometimes runs a course of issues.
In this case, there are circumstances where NordVPN might not work with whichever Netflix platform and device you use. But, there’s still a workaround method to fix any NordVPN Netflix troubleshooting issues.
There are 3 kinds of issues that may arise along your course, which can be settled in the following ways. Here’s how:
1. Change DNS settings
This issue arises when your DNS and IP leaks, revealing your true location to Netflix. You can get around this by just changing your DNS configuration settings. Here’s how to get around it:
- Click on “Network and Sharing Center” on the network icon tab.
- Then click on “Change Adapter Settings”.
- Now right click on “TAP=NordVPN Windows Adapter V9” and then on “Properties”.
- Then highlight the “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)” followed by “Properties”.
- Click on “Use the following DNS server addresses”, and in the options enter in the preferred and alternate DNS servers “86.96.100 and 18.104.22.168”.
- Now, you repeat all the steps again from 3-5 for the physical network adapter settings, called Wifi or Ethernet depending on what you choose.
- Restart your device and connect to the VPN and Netflix.
- For Android, first, you begin with restarting your Netflix and NordVPN apps.
- Then set the DNS addresses by going into your Settings on your Android device.
- Click on “Wifi”
- Then, click on the “Modify network”.
- Now proceed with clicking on “show advanced options” and change the IP settings to Static. Insert the DNS servers “86.96.100 and 22.214.171.124” into the DNS1 and DNS2 tabs. Click on “Save”, and restart the network and proceed.
- For iOS, you begin with restarting your Netflix and NordVPN apps.
- Head to settings and click on “Wifi”, followed by a blue ‘i’
- Click on “Configure DNS” and then on “Manual”.
- Hit on “Add server” and insert the DNS servers “86.96.100 and 126.96.36.199” under the bar that says “DNS servers”.
- Click on “Save” and restart just like on Android.
2. Change the Proxy Settings
When trying to access the US Netflix library, some problems may arise due to wrong proxy configuration. To fix this, you have to:
- Go to the Google Chrome menu on your desktop, and click on “Settings”.
- Then click on “Show Advanced Settings”.
- After this, click on “Network”, followed by “Change Proxy Settings”.
- Right-click on LAN settings, opening it in a new window.
- Enable the box that says “Use a proxy server for your LAN”
- That’s it! Then proceed with unblocking Netflix with NordVPN.
You’ve probably at some point, come across the Netflix Proxy error. If ever you’re trying to access Netflix from a country that censors it or within a country that Netflix isn’t registered for, you might not be able to gain access to it if your physical IP address is ever exposed.
The Netflix Firewall is extremely strong and vigilant in these cases, blocking every IP and VPN that they find within their path. However, since NordVPN is one of the strongest VPNs for Netflix, there’s a way around the issue!
- Start by heading to your browser “Settings option”.
- Click on “Advanced”, followed by “Clear browsing data” and then on “Clear cache”.
- Now click on “Clear data”
- Restart your device. That’s it!
Using NordVPN Netflix makes things much easier to carry out quick fixes!
Why should I use NordVPN for Netflix?
Everyone should be aware of the fact that Netflix blocks or blacklist VPNs that are used to gain access to its services from countries that aren’t allowed to access it. Many VPNs have fallen victim to it. But, on the Brightside, NordVPN still stands tall, coming up with safe and the best ways to get past these blocks.
- Firstly, NordVPN is Panama based, which is a privacy-friendly region. NordVPN also doesn’t store any user data and follows a strict no-logging policy!
- Secondly, it covers around 5000+ obfuscated servers in 59 countries. That’s ample enough coverage providing you thousands of IP addresses to give you streaming access to restricted platforms.
- The fact that unlike other VPNs, NordVPN operates on obfuscated servers automatically means double the encryption! This will give Netflix a hard time distinguishing whether or not you’re using a VPN proxy.
- Thirdly, NordVPN also has its own Smart DNS feature by the name of “SmartPlay”. This in-built feature is heavily structured to bypass some of the heaviest blocks put on multiple streaming platforms.
- You can access them from wherever you may be. And speaking of features, it runs on 256-bit AES encryption and has an advanced CyberSec feature that allows you to block malicious ads. It even includes a Kill Switch on most apps.
- Other than the US Netflix library, NordVPN is among a few VPNs that successfully unblock BBC iPlayer, Amazon Video, Hulu, Disney Plus, DAZN, Hotstar, ESPN, and much more!
- NordVPN also manages to pull off some really superior speed results with the provision of unlimited bandwidth.
- Additionally, NordVPN is compatible with a wide range of apps and devices that are great options for streaming on Netflix. Some of these platforms include Windows, iOS, Android, Apple TV, Firestick, macOS, Nvidia Shield and so much more!
- During testing, I managed to pull out some pretty impressive speed results using the AUS, UK, US, and double VPN (UK-Netherlands) servers. You can check out the results in my detailed NordVPN review.
Can I use a free VPN for Netflix?
No, I wouldn’t recommend it.
Netflix already gives top-notch VPN providers a hard time, when trying to access its platform. So, what exactly would a free VPN do for you? It’ll steal your data, sell it, spread viruses throughout your device, and render slow speeds. If you just need to use Netflix for a short time, I’d recommend using a free trial VPN.
Speaking of a free trial VPN, did you know that NordVPN comes with a 7-day free trial for mobile devices? So what better way to utilize it than for accessing Netflix? Plus, it also comes with a reliable 30-day refund policy. This gives you a bigger extension to test the app out!
NordVPN Netflix – Reddit community
When taking into account the functionality of a VPN, I not only rely on personal testing but also on the user experience, surveyed by the Reddit community.
One Redditor had asked whether NordVPN worked with Netflix to which another Redditor replied:
This VPN is among a few other Reddit VPN choices that are deemed as reliable!
Using a secure and high-end VPN, it’s extremely easy to access restricted streaming from geo-censored regions and that’s why NordVPN works best. It unblocks all Netflix libraries and provides the added advantage of double-encrypted servers, fast streaming speeds, and ultimate privacy.