In this guide, I’ll show you how to install and setup CyberGhost on your Firestick / Fire TV. The best part is that this tutorial works on Firestick 4K and Fire TV Cube too!
Firestick is one of the best streaming devices in the industry – transforming any TV with an HDMI port into a Smart TV. However, due to geo-restrictions, you’re not going to be able to access most of the content available on the Amazon App Store. Only the best Firestick VPN can help you with that, and CyberGhost is one of the best for it.
CyberGhost is known as one of the best streaming services in general, and now, with the release of an Amazon Fire TV app, you’ll be able to unblock multiple services on your Firestick.
How to install CyberGhost on Firestick/ Fire TV Cube or Firestick 4K
The CyberGhost app is easily available and installed on Firestick. You can get the app quite easily from the Amazon App Store.
Before we begin, just for general information on installation requirements, the CyberGhost app is available only for Fire TV (at least Fire OS 4.6) and Firestick (2nd generation and later). Before installing the CyberGhost VPN app on your Firestick, make sure you’ve signed up and subscribed to the service. Here’s how you do it:
- Go to the CyberGhost website, and sign up for the service by choosing a package. Create your account by providing an email ID and password.
- Now, start up your Firestick.
- On the home screen, click on the “Search” icon that looks like a magnifying glass. Type in “CyberGhost.”
- You’ll have a number of options to choose from, but make sure you click on the correct app, which is usually the first result, like so:
- Depending on your model of Firestick, click on “Download or Get”
- Wait for the app to install.
How to use the CyberGhost app on Firestick
- Once the CyberGhost app is installed, either launch it from your remote, or click on “Open”
- Follow the on-screen instructions and click on “Agree & Continue”
- As soon as the installation process is complete, you’ll receive a code. To know what it looks like, you’ll find a sample below:
- Now, the choice is yours. Either click on “Validate PIN” or you can just click on “Open regular login”. The second option will allow you to use your email and password to sign in, like so:
- Once you’ve signed in, you’ll need to establish a connection. You can do this by either auto connecting to the best server according to your location, or you can just handpick the best server. Once that’s done, slide the power button to connect.
- If you get notified with “VPN connected” that means your connection is now secured.
What features does CyberGhost provide for Firestick?
Since Firestick runs on Android OS, you’ll receive almost the same features as those on an Android smartphone. These include:
- Simultaneous connections on up to 7 devices
- AES 256-bit encryption, Kill Switch, DNS and IP leak protection
- Strict no-logs policy
- Fast speeds and unlimited bandwidth
- Access to 6000+ servers in 90 countries
- Compatible with Kodi
- Separate servers for streaming and torrenting
- 24-hour trial for Windows, 7-day free trial for smartphones, 45-day refund policy.
- Access to many streaming services, like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, Disney Plus
- For more details, take a look at this CyberGhost review.
What if users can’t access the CyberGhost app on the Amazon Store?
There are circumstances where you might not have access to the CyberGhost app on the Amazon Store. This could be due to geo-restrictions or censorship issues. Whatever the reason may be, you should not panic. There is another way for you to download the app on your Firestick, but this procedure involves you jailbreaking your Firestick device to sideload third-party apps. This won’t harm your Firestick since you’re not actually tweaking with the software settings.
All you need to do, is download an app called “Downloader” and then enter the CyberGhost APK URL into it. However, before proceeding make sure you enable the “Apps from Unknown Sources.” This will allow you to access apps from the internet that aren’t available on Amazon.
Can I download CyberGhost on First Generation Firestick?
Technically, no, you can’t. In general, VPN apps don’t support first generation Fire devices. However, there’s still a way for you to add a connection. To set up CyberGhost for your 1st generation Firestick, you’ll need to establish a connection on your router by creating a WiFi router, or on your laptop by creating a virtual router.
However, you must bear in mind that not all routers support VPN apps. It needs to be equipped with the desired router firmware. There are ways for you to replace the old firmware on the router you already have with either DD-WRT or Tomato. This process is called “Router Flashing.” Please be careful if you’re taking up this step. If not done properly, you can damage your router.
Can I unblock the US Netflix or other streaming services on Firestick?
Yes, you can! CyberGhost is one of the best VPN providers for unblocking numerous streaming services worldwide. It offers a huge network coverage of around 6000+ servers in 90 countries, all of which are optimized for streaming and torrenting. Just in case you’re not familiar with how to access Netflix with CyberGhost on your Firestick, here’s a short tutorial to get you started:
- After you’ve subscribed to CyberGhost and created your account, proceed to download and install the app. The tutorial is found above.
- Now, launch the VPN app and connect to a US server.
- Head back to the Amazon Store and look for Netflix.
- Download and install the Netflix app.
- Since you’re already connected to the US server on the VPN, you’ll automatically be able to access the US Netflix library.
How do I know if CyberGhost is working on my Firestick?
When you download and install the CyberGhost VPN on your Firestick, you’ll easily be able to tell whether the VPN successfully works or not. Once you connect to any of its VPN servers, you can recheck the IP address offered to you by crosschecking it on ipleak.org or any IP checker website. If the IP matches the address you’re connected to, it means that the VPN is working.
The Firestick is an amazing streaming device on its own. However, to access certain content on its platform, or to maintain your privacy online from the ISP or government, or even while downloading third-party apps, CyberGhost can help protect you. So, if you need to install and download CyberGhost on Firestick, make sure you follow the instructions mentioned above.