TNT is a premium entertainment channel owned by the Turner Entertainment Group. With tons of shows, movies, sports broadcasts, and everything else, TNT is the perfect add-on for Roku. However, despite all this content, you might not be able to access it because TNT is exclusive to the US.
It’s like having a delicious meal within your reach, but your hand can’t reach it for some reason. Fortunately, there’s a way to access the TNT Roku add-on from any part of the world with a VPN.
When you use a VPN, it changes your IP address, and the platform you’re trying thinks you’re from a permitted country. However, to accomplish this, you’ll need a great VPN, and we always recommend Surfshark. It has enough servers to unblock anything without hindering your speeds. It’s also very affordable.
Quick List – Best VPNs for TNT
Now, we understand that one option might not be enough for everyone. That’s why we’ve listed the 3 best VPNs for the TNT Roku add-on:
- Surfshark: With 3000 servers in 100 countries, TNT will always stay within reach when you have Surfshark. Another reason why we recommend Surfshark for Roku is because it’s one of the few VPNs that works with Roku. Besides Roku, Surfshark also works with other platforms like Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime Video. You can get Surfshark for $3.99 per month with a 2-year plan.
- NordVPN: With over 5000 servers in 60 countries and a unique NordLynx protocol, it’s the perfect VPN for the TNT on Roku. The VPN also has AES 256 encryption, a CyberSec feature, and a Kill Switch to protect your data from malicious threat actors and elements. You can get NordVPN for $3.79 per month with a 2-year plan.
- ExpressVPN: This VPN provider has over 3000 secure servers in 94 countries. Each of its servers is blazing fast thanks to its Light Way protocol and super secure due to its AES 256 encryption. The VPN gives you five simultaneous device connections and great compatibility for the monthly price of $6.67.
What is TNT Roku Add-On?
|TNT (No Other Versions)
|Ideally, Roku 19 Matrix
|Firesticks, Roku, Android TVs, Smart TVs, Windows
|Live TV Channels and Movies
|US and some other locations
|Is it Paid?
|Yes, it is Paid
The TNT Roku Add-On is an IPTV platform or channel. It offers the best premium content from the NHL, AEW, WWE, movies, and shows, all within one package. With a plethora of content, the TNT add-on gives your Roku content the diversity that you desire.
Tune into your favorite shows, movies, and sports from the comfort of your home and within the reach of a giant slushie. Furthermore, the compatibility of TNT isn’t limited to Roku. You can stream it on your favorite devices like Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, Firesticks, and more.
Features of TNT Roku Add-On
TNT is undoubtedly a great addition to your Roku device, but what makes it so great? Here are the defining features of TNT:
- Wide Collection of Content: Although it’s only one channel, we wouldn’t underestimate the content diversity of TNT. There are hundreds of shows, movies, and games you can tune into at the click of a button.
- Compatibility With Multiple Devices: The compatibility of TNT isn’t limited to Roku. You can stream this wonderful channel on your chosen device, including Firesticks, Android, iOS, MacOS, and Windows.
- Great Streaming Quality: Since the platform is completely legal, you won’t have to worry about pixelated broadcasts and lag-filled streams. Everything on your screen comes from the studio, fresh as a newly baked cake.
Is TNT Safe and Legal?
Yes, the TNT add-on for Roku is safe and legal. Turner Digital Entertainment owns the TNT platform. It’s a popular entertainment and sports broadcaster in the US. With the due rights to broadcast each show, movie, documentary, and game, TNT is completely safe and legal.
There is a slight problem with TNT. Since the platform only has the right to stream content in the US, you cannot watch it from a foreign country. It will redirect to the Warner Brothers page if you try to access it from a blocked region.
How to Watch TNT on Roku From Anywhere?
There’s a secret way to watch TNT on Roku from anywhere, and we will share it with you. However, you’ll need a VPN, a good internet connection, and your Roku TV remote to follow this method. Here’s how you do it:
- Subscribe to a reliable VPN service like Surfshark.
- Download and Install the VPN application on your router.
- Connect to a US server (We recommend Dallas, Chicago, LA, or New York).
- Enable the Ad blocker through your dashboard.
- Power on your Roku device and ensure it’s connected properly.
- Visit the Roku Channel Store.
- Search for TNT using the search icon on the home screen.
- Click on the “Add Channel” button.
- Return to the Roku Home Screen.
- Find the TNT Channel and launch it.
- You should see a unique activation code on your screen.
- Visit the TNT Activation Website on a Windows, MacOS, iOS, or Android device.
- Enter the code on your Roku screen into the Activation Window.
- Click on “Submit” or “Activate.”
- Start streaming.
The only way to stream TNT on Roku from a country other than the US is to use a streaming VPN like Surfshark. A VPN masks your IP address and encrypts your data. It also changes your IP to match the designated country and server.
So, if you connect to a US server, your IP will match that of a US address. When a platform like TNT reads your IP address, it assumes you’re from the US and grants you access. But a VPN that doesn’t have enough juice won’t help. You’ll need the best VPNs for Roku.
Best VPNs for TNT
We tore through more than 12 VPNs and their features. We checked each VPN’s security, speeds, and unblocking capabilities. After thoroughly testing each one, we selected the 3 best VPNs for TNT on Roku. The VPNs are:
Surfshark offers over 3000 servers across 100 countries, with multiple servers located in the US. What makes it the best VPN for TNT is its exceptional unblocking capabilities. With enough US servers and a robust protocol like WireGuard, Surfshark can easily unblock and access TNT anywhere.
Worried about accidentally exposing your data? Surfshark handles that with IP, DNS, and WebRTC leak protection. The VPN also has a built-in Kill Switch that can protect your data in case of an accidental drop. The Clean Web feature also keeps you safe from unnecessary spam and ads. We’ve reviewed all the features thoroughly and would recommend learning more about them to use Surfshark effectively.
If you want to try out these features, you can do so with a Surfshark free trial. If you want to go for the premium plan, you can get a 2-year plan for $3.99 monthly.
With AES 256 encryption covering its 5000+ servers and a great set of security protocols like NordLynx, this VPN provider will chew any geo-blocks to the bone. The VPN has multiple servers in the US, which means you can use it to access TNT on Roku from any old corner of the world.
But that’s not all, NordVPN also has a sophisticated Kill Switch that keeps your data in case of accidental drops. The CyberSec feature also keeps your device safe from unnecessary spam and ads. You can also use this VPN on six devices simultaneously. We’ve reviewed NordVPN thoroughly, and you can learn more about its features to unleash its full potential.
You can use NordVPN to stream TNT on Roku, Firesticks, Windows, and almost anything else. You can test these features with a NordVPN free trial. If you’re ready to dive right in, then get a premium plan for $3.79 per month with a 2-year plan.
ExpressVPN has 3000+ servers in 94 countries, with multiple located in the US. You can stream TNT on Roku with any of its super-fast Chicago, Dallas, and New York servers. Instead of WireGuard, ExpressVPN uses an improved version called Light Way. This protocol supports both TCP and UDP connections.
ExpressVPN also uses AES 256 and a Kill Switch to protect your data well. ExpressVPN refuses to lose the race to Surfshark or NordVPN. It has almost the same upload and download speeds as Surfshark and NordVPN. The VPN even has a unique MediaStreamer technology that allows you to watch your favorite content from heavily restricted countries like China.
Still not sure about ExpressVPN? Try out all its features with an ExpressVPN free trial or get the premium version for $8.32 monthly with an annual plan.
How to Use TNT Roku Add-On?
Here’s how you can juice every ounce of fun from your TNT add-on:
- Go to the Roku Home Screen.
- Browse the list of channels for TNT.
- Open the channel.
- Browse through the list of content for your favorite live shows, movies, and content.
- Click on the show to get a preview.
- Click on Play when you’re ready to start watching it.
The main screen has a list of the channels and content, which makes choosing a breeze. Unless you have difficulty choosing between things, you shouldn’t have much problem finding something according to your tastes.
Content on TNT Roku Add-On
TNT is a treasure trove of content, with a bit of sugar, spice, and everything nice. You can watch games that seem more like brawls or tear-jerker shows like any old finance show about inflation. TNT has everything that you could ever need. Here’s a general overview of what you can find:
- News (Live Updates, Bulletins, Finance)
- Sports (NHL, NFL, NBA, and more)
- Movies (Comedy, Horror, Seasonal, and whatnot)
- Shows (Lazarus Project, Supernatural, Lucifer)
You can stream this and more content whenever and wherever you want. The only thing you need to do to enjoy this content is to always use the best VPNs for Roku when accessing TNT.
Solutions If TNT Is Not Working
Sometimes, TNT might not work with certain channels. Are you encountering problems with TNT on Roku? here are some solutions that you can try out:
- Refresh TNT: You know the good old turn-off and on method? Just do that. Exit TNT and restart it; that should solve most of your Roku problems.
- Check Your Speeds: Low streaming quality is usually because of slow internet speeds. You should have at least 2 to 3 Mbps speed for live streaming.
- Clear Cache on Roku: Install Indigo or File Explorer on your Roku and go to maintenance tools. Click on Clear Cache and reopen TNT.
- Reinstall TNT: One of the easiest fixes to most TNT problems is reinstallation. Here’s what you do: go to applications, click on TNT, then on uninstall. Follow the installation method to reinstall TNT.
If your TNT Roku add-on refuses to work even after all of this, contact customer support. If anyone can save you now, it’s customer support. Explain your issue in an email, and if you can add screenshots or the error code, that would be even better.
Conclusion: Using TNT on Roku
TNT is an excellent Roku add-on. It provides access to hundreds of local, free, international, and premium channels, awe-inspiring movies, and trending series. It’s a treat for every sports fan, serial lover, and binge-streamer. Unfortunately, the platform is not free, and you will need a satellite TV or pay-TV subscription to watch it.
Another unfortunate problem is that TNT is not available outside the US. The good news is you can bypass this infernal geo-block with the powers of a VPN like Surfshark. Subscribe a 2-year plan to get Surfshark One for $3.99 per month. Enjoy TNT on Roku today!
Is TNT legal?
Yes, TNT is a platform that operates under the Turner Entertainment Media Group. It’s a legitimate platform with distribution rights to all the content it streams and broadcasts. You don’t need to worry about legal notices while using TNT as long as you don’t pirate the shows.
Can you get TNT on Roku?
Yes, you can get TNT on Roku. Previously, you could only get TNT on Roku with different streaming services like Sling TV, DirecTV, and YouTube TV. Now, you can get TNT directly on Roku from the Roku Channel Store. You will still need a related streaming service to activate and log in to your TNT account.
Which streaming service has TNT?
You can get TNT through Sling TV, Hulu Plus Live TV, Fubo, YouTube TV, DirecTV Stream, and Spectrum TV. All of these platforms will give you access to TNT and tons of other channels in one single subscription. Go looking for silver, and you’ll get gold.
Is Roku on Peacock TV?
No, Roku is not available on Peacock TV. To watch TNT, you’ll have to get a premium subscription to Hulu Plus Live TV, Fubo, YouTube TV, DirecTV Stream, Sling TV, or Spectrum. Sling TV is the most affordable platform for TNT out of the lot.