Whether you live in the Philippines or are traveling there for a short time, it’s always a good idea to use a VPN. With it, the possibilities are endless! However, not all VPNs are reliable enough, which is why I’ve rounded up only the best VPN for Philippines in 2021!
Short on time? The best VPN for Philippines is…
- Surfshark is overall my top recommendation for the best VPN for Philippines in 2021! It’s fast, secure, and allows unlimited device connections. What’s more? Its servers are optimized to unblock international and Filipino content worldwide!
- NordVPN is the best VPN for online protection in the Philippines. Its advanced security features helps amplify online privacy, and allows you to access local and international content without getting detected.
- ExpressVPN makes the best Philippines VPN for streaming. Its servers are optimized for superior speeds and the ability to bypass geo-blocks. The security suite is military-level, allowing you to access content from heavily surveillance regions using the MediaStreamer DNS feature.
- IPVanish would work the best in the Philippines to access US content. It unblocks US Netflix, and other platforms. What’s more? You will be able to add the VPN over unlimited supported devices.
- CyberGhost offers optimized servers that unblock international content in the Philippines. The speeds are great and the apps are user-friendly.
Why you need a VPN in the Philippines
According to the Cybercrime Prevention Act in 2012, it states that the Filipino government introduced a hard-hitting set of laws against certain online activities. For instance, the access of torrenting platforms was stated as a violation of copyright laws, online libel marked as criminalizing, and the list goes on.
Overall, online surveillance and monitoring are enforced to take a toll on all internet service providers. Every ISP is urged to collect and store user data for up to six months if alerted as a threat or violation of the law.
Other than that, access to international services or websites isn’t as bad in the Philippines compared to other countries around the world. However, if you require access to Netflix or would like to unblock Disney Plus in the Philippines, you’re going to need a VPN for that.
Additionally, apart from unblocking international services, the VPNs on this list also offer a Philippines IP address to access local content from abroad. A VPN could help with a lot more in the Philippines than you’d think. For starters, if you’re experiencing slow speeds or throttled bandwidth, this is a result of ISP throttling. A VPN could help you bypass it.
The best VPN for Philippines in 2021 – Detailed analysis
After running tests over countless of VPNs, I’ve rounded up 5 of the best that work reliably in the Philippines. Each have been put through a series of tests on speeds, security, app support, and unblocking abilities.
Take a look below to see what makes these top providers the best VPN for Philippines:
- Price – $2.49/mo.
- Money-back guarantee – 30-days
- 3200+ servers in 65 countries
- Unlimited device connections
- Compatible with (Windows, iOS, Firestick, macOS, Linux, Firestick, etc.)
- AES 256-bit encryption, private DNS, NoBorders mode, Kill Switch, CleanWeb, and Camouflage mode
- Unblocks Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, ESPN, HBO Go, Amazon Prime, Disney Plus
- Website – Surfshark.com
Surfshark is one of the best VPNs in general, and also makes the best VPN for Philippines. There’s a lot that Surfshark offers in features and performance which is why it gets great reviews. It is located in the British Virgin Islands, known as one of the more privacy-friendly regions. Surfshark, additionally, doesn’t log user data, which means you’ll be able to surf the internet freely in Philippines, all while remaining anonymous from your ISP and VPN provider itself.
Surfshark offers around 3200+ servers in 65 countries, which is also inclusive of servers in the Philippines, in case you require access to local services abroad. During testing, I got access to Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and a lot more.
The added perk is that Surfshark allows unlimited device connections over one subscription. Have a device that doesn’t support a VPN? No issues Surfshark offers a Private DNS that you can use via a router. With that you can establish a connection to the VPN with any device.
Try testing the VPN using the Surfshark free trial or dive into its 30-day refund.
- Price – $3.30/mo.
- 30-Day money-back guarantee
- 5400+ servers in 59 countries
- AES 256-bit encryption, CyberSec feature, OpenVPN protocol, Double VPN servers, obfuscated technologies, Onion Over VPN support
- Unblocks Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, ESPN, HBO Go, DAZN, Amazon Prime, Disney Plus
- Simultaneous connections up to 6 devices
- Compatible with (Windows, iOS, Firestick, macOS, Linux, Firestick, etc.)
- Fast speeds
- Website – NordVPN.com
For those who are extremely privacy-conscious, NordVPN makes the best VPN for Philippines for its high-end security and anonymity features. You won’t have to worry about your ISP or the government looking into your online activities. NordVPN observes a strict no-logs policy, provided that it has been put through several independent audits.
NordVPN offers around 5400+ servers in 59 countries all of which are optimized for extremely fast speeds and access to unlimited services – both international and local. When I tested and reviewed NordVPN, I made sure to test it with big-league services. With that said, I got access to Netflix, Disney Plus, BBC iPlayer, Sky Sports, HBO and a lot more,
As mentioned above, NordVPN offers some pretty impressive security features. For starters, it operates using AES 256-bit encryption paired with other advanced features. The more notable features include SmartPlay, and Double VPN servers.
- Price – $6.67/mo.
- 3000+ servers in 94 countries
- Allows up to 5 multi-device connections
- Offers MediaStreamer DNS, strict no-logs, Kill Switch, OpenVPN connections, Split-Tunneling
- Unblocks Disney Plus, Netflix, HBO Go, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, Amazon Prime
- Compatible with Windows, Android, iOS, macOS, Firestick, Linux, Apple TV, Xbox, Smart TVs
- The fastest speeds for UHD streams
- Free trial and 30-day money back guarantee
- Website – ExpressVPN.com
ExpressVPN is one of the oldest providers in the industry, but also one of the more expensive ones. However, even though it costs way more, there’s good reason for it, and it’s seen through its overall performance and features. ExpressVPN is one of the best VPNs for Philippines mainly for the services it’s able to offer access to, along with its security backing.
In this network, ExpressVPN offers around 3000+ servers in 94 countries, all of which are optimized for the fastest and safest streaming access. It also includes servers in the Philippines just in case you need to access local content or banking apps while traveling abroad. After testing the VPN, I got access to a number of popular platforms most effortlessly.
Security or online privacy isn’t an issue, considering that ExpressVPN comes with advanced features to help prevent all sorts of surveillance or cyber-attacks. Its highlight is the TrustedServer technology and Private DNS. If you feel like ExpressVPN crosses your budget, why not first test the VPN? If you don’t like what you’re working with, ask for a refund or account cancellation!
- Price – $3.75/mo.
- US-based VPN with a strict no logs policy
- P2P support
- Allows unlimited device connections
- Works on Windows, Android, iOS, macOS, Firestick, Apple TV, PS4, browser extensions, routers and more.
- Unblocks Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Hotstar, Sky Sports, HBO NOW, Spotify, Amazon Prime, and others.
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Website – IPvanish.com
IPVanish is a US provider, located within the 14-eyes region, but that doesn’t mean your privacy is at risk. From operating its own servers, this provider ensures a strict no logs policy, keeping user data within the Philippines or worldwide safe and secure.
IPVanish is the best VPN for Philippines mostly because of its unblocking abilities. Being a US provider gives it the upper-hand to work best with US services like Netflix and Hulu. During our tests, I was able to access US Netflix, Disney Plus, Hulu, HBO and a couple others. The speeds weren’t as fast as ExpressVPN or NordVPN, but fast enough for HD streams.
It offers 1600+ servers in 75+ countries, and doesn’t include Philippines in the list. With that said, IPVanish would only make a great provider if you’re main target is to unblock international websites, apps or streaming services in the Philippines. Additionally, it includes an OpenVPN Scramble feature that allows you to bypass the strictest geo-blocks without detection.
Need to test the VPN? IPVanish offers a 30-day refund that you can use to hack a free trial.
- Price – $2.25/mo.
- No logs VPN
- P2P supported
- 6000+ servers in 90 countries
- 7 multi-device connections
- Works on Windows, Android, iOS, macOS, Firestick, PS4, browser extensions, routers and more.
- Unblocks Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Hotstar, Sky Sports, HBO NOW, Amazon Prime, and others.
- Free trial for 24-hours on Windows, and 7-days on Android, and iOS smartphones
- 45-day money-back guarantee
- Website – Cyberghost.com
If you’re looking for something a little on the budgeted side and a VPN that’s user-friendly, CyberGhost makes a great choice for users in Philippines. This Romanian provider is high on privacy-friendly features paired with its optimized servers.
With that said, CyberGhost offers 6000+ servers in 90 countries, with 28 servers in the Philippines. With that you’d be able to access local and international content in the Philippines. What’s great about CyberGhost is that it labels servers on the app with the service it unblocks. This saves us a lot of time looking for a reliable server to connect to.
You will be able to test the CyberGhost VPN using its free trials for Windows, Android and iOS smartphones. This will give you a clear idea of whether it’s the right choice for you in the Philippines or not.
Are VPNs illegal in the Philippines?
No, they’re not.
Even though the Philippines government imposes quite a few restrictions where online activities and freedom is concerned, no document or law has yet been regulated regarding illegalities of using a VPN in Philippines. Even though a VPN is legal in the Philippines, you still need to be extra careful while choosing one.
Can I use a free VPN in the Philippines?
Yes, you can, but it’s not something I’d recommend.
Since VPNs are legal in the Philippines, you could settle for a free provider. However, a free VPN won’t be the best choice only because of the lack of security features, servers, and overall performance. Free VPNs often steal or misuse user data, which defeats the purpose of needing online privacy in the Philippines. Additionally, free providers don’t offer plenty of servers nor access to international services easily. You could go for a premium free trial VPN instead.
Using the best VPN for Philippines means much more than just protecting you online. With it, you will be able to access countless of streaming services, websites, or apps that are geo-restricted within the Philippines. Plus, if you’re on a budget, all the VPNs on this list offer great discounts. You can keep track of them in our VPN deals page.
To Summarize, the Best VPN for Philippines is…
|Rank||Provider||Our Score||User Rating|