ExpressVPN is one of the leading providers and has been for quite some time. However, it’s questions like these “Does ExpressVPN unblock Netflix?”, “If yes, how can we unblock it?” that determines its superiority. In this guide, I’ll show you exactly how to unblock Netflix with ExpressVPN in a step-by-step tutorial and more.
How to unblock Netflix with ExpressVPN
- Before trying to learn how to unblock Netflix, make sure you have an ExpressVPN subscription.
- Now, download and install the ExpressVPN app on a supported device.
- Launch the app and log in to your account.
- Since you’re trying to mainly unblock the US Netflix library and the app, I’d suggest you connect to the best US server as ExpressVPN has almost all its servers optimized for streaming.
- Hit the connect button and you’re in!
Netflix is usually the most popularly downloaded app and can only be accessed with the best VPN for Netflix only. The same is the case with other streaming platforms. That’s where ExpressVPN comes in. It’s among a few that work exceptionally for it.
The best part is that you don’t even need to invest in the VPN if you’re only trying to unblock Netflix for testing purposes. ExpressVPN comes with a 7-day free trial for smartphones and a 30-day refund. You’ll be able to ask for a refund and cancel your account at any time during the first 30 days.
Now, let’s move on and try to understand the Netflix block and why you probably can’t access it.
Why can’t I access Netflix?
Netflix is one of the world’s leading streaming services. It’s also one of the world’s hardest nuts to crack! It’s a service that’s mainly available to the people living within the US. Yes, it’s open to a few other countries, but they’ll only be able to access content within their regional library.
For instance, I’m an American with a Netflix account. If I travel to the UK, I will be blocked out of the US Netflix library and will only have access to the UK one. Besides the regional allowances, there are countries where Netflix is not available at all!
This is due to many issues, with Geo-restrictions being one of them. Because of this, many users worldwide are trying to use a VPN to unblock the service. However, not all VPNs are staunch enough for the job.
Netflix is on the active lookout for any unauthorized IP addresses. Since VPNs provide IP addresses for their users to connect to, there are chances of Netflix catching on to it. If the VPN you use is not properly encrypted, Netflix will scout of multiple users from the same IP address and block them.
So, if you can’t access it, it’s probably because the IP address you are using is blocked off. Trying switching it up to see which others work.
What are the best ExpressVPN servers to unblock Netflix?
Going through the entire list of ExpressVPN servers to access Netflix is not easy. So here are a few popular choices that work according to the more famous libraries:
|United States||San Jose, Los Angeles, New York, Tampa|
|United Kingdom||London, East London, Wembley|
|Japan||Tokyo 1 and Tokyo 2|
|Canada||Toronto 2 and Montreal|
Why should I choose ExpressVPN for Netflix?
When I put ExpressVPN through a series of tests in my review, it delivered some of the best results when compared with other VPN providers. So, here’s why I think you should use ExpressVPN for Netflix:
- 3000+ servers in 94 countries, with the widest coverage being in the US.
- ExpressVPN delivered some of the fastest speeds!
- Unblocked not only Netflix but more services like BBC iPlayer, Hulu, Amazon Prime, Hotstar, Disney Plus, and more.
- Offers a Smart DNS proxy called MediaStreamer to bypass the heaviest Geo-blocks.
- Comes with DNS and IPv6 protection.
- Offers a Kill Switch.
- If you’re trying to access Netflix in China, ExpressVPN works there.
- Supports multiple devices and allows simultaneous connections up to 5 devices.
- Strict no-logs policy.
To Wrap up
ExpressVPN is great for many purposes, and Netflix is one of its best successes. For a full report on the app’s performance, test results, and features, you can have a look at my detailed ExpressVPN review.
Another point to keep in mind – VPNs aren’t magic. The unblocking abilities are mostly successful depending on your location and the encryption standards the providers use. So, try giving ExpressVPN a test run first and see if it works well for you.