Need an Australian IP address, and don’t know how to get one? Follow this guide, showing you the easiest way to gain access to it in a few simple steps.
The internet in Australia is among some of the highly censored and surveillanced countries around the world and only the best VPN for Australia can provide online protection against it. However, to access Australian content from abroad, you’ll need an Australian IP address, and not every VPN offers it.
Best VPNs that offer an Australian IP
I’ve highlighted only the best that offer Australian IP addresses and many other perks. They are:
- Surfshark Top choice for offering Australian IP addresses. Allows unlimited device connections, compatible with numerous devices, includes budgeted plans, offers a free trial and 30-day refund, top-grade security features and more.
- NordVPN provides the biggest platform of 190 Australian servers. Known for the best security features, supports multiple devices, strict privacy policies, allows simultaneous device connections on up to 6 devices. Provides a free trial and 30-day money-back guarantee.
- ExpressVPN offer numerous IP addresses in 5 Australian severs. Has delivered the fastest speeds in the industry, great for unblocking geo-restricted content like bbc iPlayer, allows simultaneous connections on up to 5 devices. Offers a free trial and 30-day refund.
- IPVanish includes IP addresses in 83 Australian servers. Known for unblocking multiple streaming services and local content. Also allows unlimited device connections and fast speeds. Test the VPN using its 30-day money-back guarantee.
- CyberGhost offers IP addresses to choose from 134 Australian servers. Belongs to a safe jurisdiction, allows simultaneous connections on up to 7 devices, great features for online privacy and security. Offers a free trial, and a 45-day money-back guarantee.
Get an Australian IP address for free by using a VPN!
If you’ve taken a look at all the VPNs above, you’ll be able to see that each of these providers offers a free trial and a refund policy. Here’s the thing, if you only need a VPN’s Australian IP address for a short time while traveling, you can hack a free trial by using the money-back guarantee. Simple use the trial period and unsubscribe to the service before the time-frame ends.
How do you get an Australian IP address from abroad?
Along with needing VPN protection or accessing the best streaming services in Australia, there are moments where you’ll need a VPN when traveling abroad or for business purposes.
The VPN services provided also offer Australian IP addresses to anyone who needs it. So, when you connect to any Australian server you’ll be able to access all your bank accounts or the Australian Netflix library from abroad.
It’s pretty simple to get started! Here’s how:
- Subscribe to one of the Australian VPN services mentioned on this list (Surfshark, NordVPN, ExpressVPN, IPVanish, and CyberGhost). They all offer Australian IP addresses.
- Once subscribed, download and install the VPN on a supported device.
- Launch the VPN, and connect to an Australian server.
- Open up the IP checker on your browser to check whether you’ve gotten an Australian IP address.
- Now open any service that was previously blocked. That’s all!
Additionally, if at first you fail to access a website or app, clear the cookies and cache from your browser and restart the app.
How to choose a VPN that offers Australian IP
There are cases where you might find the best VPN that offers top-notch security features or even the best speeds, but fails to offer an Australian IP or servers for it. In this way, choosing a VPN that offers IP addresses for Australia instead of one that’s best for Australia is a little different.
Here’s how I chose the top 5 providers:
- They need to possess wide server coverage with the inclusion of numerous Australian servers.
- Offer features that are able to bypass the toughest geo-block within and when travelling outside Australia.
- Deliver the best security features like military-grade encryption, a Kill Switch, obfuscated technologies and more!
- Compatible with all the major devices and operating systems, and all multiple simultaneous connections.
- Chose them based on safe jurisdiction, and strict no-logging policies.
Does it take long to get an Australian IP address?
No, it doesn’t. I’ve highlighted a quick and simple tutorial above showing you how to get an Australian IP address. It hardly takes a minute if you follow the steps precisely. All you need to do is download and install your VPN, and connect to the best Australian server.
When that happens, the VPN, in general, will geo-spoof your location and web-traffic into looking like you live in Australia.
Coming to the end of this guide, we’ve discussed the best and easiest way for you to get access to an Australian IP address. It can be used from within the country for added privacy against the government or ISP, or anywhere else in the world for unblocking local content. Now, all that’s left for you to do, is choose any one of the best Australian VPN services on this list that offer it.