A VPN secures your connection, encrypts your data, and helps you get past geo-blocks and much more. In Vietnam, there are countless of restrictions put your way, this also includes accessing local content from abroad. To solve these issues you need to understand why and how to get a Vietnam IP address.
When you use a VPN, it mainly revolves around certain factors. The first involves needing online privacy within the country, and the second is to get access to Vietnamese bank accounts, channels, websites, etc. when travelling abroad. So, for that, you need a Vietnamese IP address and only the best offer them. Before moving on, here’s a list of the top 4 providers chosen for it:
How do you get a Vietnamese IP address?
Needing the best and safest VPN for Vietnam, doesn’t only mean requiring a software to help to access the US Netflix library. It also means providing you a way to access local Vietnamese websites when travelling abroad. There are also chances of you being locked out of your Vietnamese bank account when abroad.
By connecting to a Vietnamese IP address, you’ll be able to access all these and more.
Only a few good VPNs are reliable in Vietnam. They were put through a number of tests and scanned for possessing particular features or attributes. These VPNs were also chosen on the basis of providing both Vietnamese and international IP addresses.
So, here’s how to get started:
- First subscribe to any one of the best Vietnamese VPNs mentioned on the list (Surfshark, NordVPN, ExpressVPN, and CyberGhost)
- Create your account by selecting a price package, and providing an email ID and password.
- Download and install the app on a supported device.
- Launch the app and sign in to your account.
- Now, select any Vietnamese server on the list. This is to provide you with a Vietnamese IP address.
- And connect.
- Once connected, try and access any local service, banking app, or website that was previously blocked.
Short reviews on the VPNs that offer a Vietnamese IP address
There are around 5 best and premium VPNs to use in Vietnam, tested, and selected according to their performance. However, only 4 of them offer Vietnamese IP addresses. Besides that, there are a lot more that makes them worthy and reliable choices. Below you’ll find a few highlights on each:
- An affordable choice, with its best price starting at $2.49/mo.
- In a safe jurisdiction, located in the British Virgin Islands.
- Doesn’t log data
- Has around 1700+ servers in 64 countries, including Vietnam.
- Unblocks Netflix, Disney Plus, Amazon Prime, YouTube, Facebook, BBC iPlayer, as well as local websites in Vietnam.
- P2P compatible.
- Offers AES 256-bit encryption, OpenVPN protocol, a Kill Switch, Multi-hop servers and more.
- Is compatible with innumerable devices. Some include Android, Windows, iOS, Linux, Android TV, PS4, macOS, Firestick and more.
- Allows unlimited simultaneous device connections.
- 7-day free trial for Android and iOS smartphones and 30-day money-back guarantee.
- For more details, have a look at my Surfshark review.
- Best discounted price at $3.71/mo.
- Located far from the 14-eyes in Panama.
- Strict no-logs policy
- NordVPN offers 5000+ servers in 59 countries, with 13 servers in Vietnam.
- Unblocks US Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Showtime, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, Sling TV, Hotstar and more.
- Allows torrenting.
- Comes with AES 256-bit encryption, a Kill Switch, CyberSec feature, and others.
- Supports Windows, iOS, Android, macOS, Firestick, Linux, Smart TVs and more
- Allows simultaneous connections up to 6 devices.
- 7-day free trial for Android and iOS smartphones and a 30-day refund policy.
- To check the test results of NordVPN, take a look at its detailed review.
- ExpressVPN is located in a safe location in the British Virgin Islands.
- The best-discounted price is $6.67/mo. Does it seem pricey? Wait till you see its speed test results.
- Doesn’t store any user-logs
- ExpressVPN has around 3000+ servers in 94 countries, with the inclusion of Vietnamese servers.
- Unblocks Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Hotstar, Amazon Prime, and more.
- P2P compatible
- Built with AES 256-bit encryption, has a Kill Switch, MediaStreamer, is IP leak protected, and more.
- Is compatible with many operating systems and devices. Some include Windows, iOS, Firestick, Android, Linux, PS4, Comcast, and more.
- Allows simultaneous connection up to 5 devices.
- 7-day free trial for mobile devices and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Take a look at my ExpressVPN review for more details on its performance.
- Located in a safe and private-friendly location in Romania.
- The best and cheapest CyberGhost package starts at $2.75/mo.
- Doesn’t store any user-logs
- CyberGhost offers 6000+ servers in 90 countries, with 18 servers in Vietnam.
- Unblocks Netflix, Comedy Central, ESPN, and Disney Plus, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime, and others.
- Is P2P compatible and has servers dedicated to it.
- CyberGhost uses bank-grade AES 256-bit encryption, offers OpenVPN, a Kill Switch features and Split-tunneling, and is DNS protected.
- CyberGhost is compatible with all the major devices and apps. Some of the supported devices include Windows, Android, and Firestick, iOS, macOS, and, Android TV.
- Allows simultaneous connections on up to 7 devices.
- 24-hour free trial for desktop, 7-days for Android and iOS phones, and a 45-day refund. I’d suggest testing it on your Windows for a day.
To get a deeper look into the CyberGhost features and test results, go through my detailed review.
For a safe online experience, you’re going to need the best VPN for Vietnam. However, since you need to know how to get anonymous and reliable access to local Vietnamese platforms, the VPN you choose need to offer a Vietnam IP address. Luckily, I’ve shortlisted 4 of the best that offer it. They all come with great speeds, tight encryption, and unblocking abilities.