Disney+ not available in your country? Read on and discover the best VPN for Disney Plus, allowing you to unblock its services; unveiling its magical shows, worldwide.
Reminiscing over our childhood days, when we waited so anxiously in front of our TV screens, binging on all those Disney classics with absolute excitement. All those memories came pouring in with the new Disney+ streaming service on the rise.
Unfortunately, Disney+ opens its castle gates to only a selected few, leaving the rest sending wishes out to the Fairy Godmothers of the streaming world.
But don’t worry! I have shortlisted a list for the best and most magical VPNs that you can use to unblock Disney Plus in the industry; providing everyone around the world with full access to all its classics, originals, TV shows; all in high-speeds and HD streaming. Read on!
Before I trickle along with a little know-how on one of the biggest streaming services to have surfaced in the 21st century, here’s a quick glimpse to 6 of the best VPNs for Disney+:
- Surfshark – Works well with Disney+ and other geo-blocked websites at $2.49/mo.
- NordVPN – The widest range of Disney+ servers at $3.71/mo.
- ExpressVPN – VPN with SmartDNS feature for accessing Disney+ at $6.67/mo.
- CyberGhost – Access to restricted streaming services like Disney+ and Netflix at $2.75/mo.
- FastestVPN – Fast speeds and heavy security to unblock Disney+ and more at $0.83/mo.
- IPVanish – US-based VPN for unblocking Disney+ worldwide at $3.25/mo.
A little about Disney+
For those who don’t know what Disney+ is all about, here’s a quick overview.
It’s the latest addition to the streaming world that broke through the castle gates in November 2019, reaching the limelight in no time, stealing all the hype away from another big dog service called Netflix.
It takes you through a trip down memory lane, providing you with all the old-timey classics like Cinderella and so much more original content, that’ll leave you anticipating for more. It’s home to streaming some of the biggest blockbusters from MARVEL, Star Wars, Disney, PIXAR, and National Geographic as a whole and a lot of original content that’ll soon be released.
However, with its launch, it included only a hand full of countries, chosen to view its massively great content. These countries include the US, Canada, Australia, Spain, Puerto Rico, Austria, New Zealand, Germany, Switzerland, Ireland, India, France, and the Netherlands, soon expanding its services towards other countries across the globe by the end of 2020.
For other countries, that’ll receive its services over the course of two-years, what exactly are you’ll suppose to do in the meantime? It doesn’t even matter if you try to gain access to it through a paid subscription, Disney+ will just block you.
Even though Disney+ is blocked in many parts of the world, you don’t have to worry about waiting, when you have top VPN services available for you. These providers are among many other VPNs that unblock streaming services worldwide.
Why you’d need a VPN for Disney Plus
Even though Disney+ is home to some of the greatest classics, latest movies, and even originals, it sadly has only unveiled its services towards a handful of countries.
In turn, Disney+ is among the many streaming services that go out of its way, hunting down every IP address that’s not listed among countries allowed to use its services. For that, it’s best you use a VPN.
Usually, you’d probably have to scavenge the internet, looking for a good VPN and test each one out on your own. But to put an end to your wait, I shortlisted the best based on their ability to knock down geo-restrictions, maintain high speeds, unlimited bandwidth, high-grade security features, and its ability to gain access to multiple platforms like Disney+, which also include Netflix and HBO Max.
Using a VPN to gain access is important, mainly because it provides you with servers from Disney+ approved locations, mainly US IP addresses, allowing you to mask your physical location and IP.
On the other hand, since Disney+ does hold strong grounds against the usage of VPNs on its services, and has content that is majorly regional, a number of VPNs were blocked or found not working with the Disney+ service.
So, for those that don’t have Disney+ available to them, and who’s not willing to wait an additional two years before it finally airs in your country, the best way to access all its content is by simply connecting to one of the VPNs, go to the Disney+ website or app and start streaming.
Devices/Platforms compatible with Disney+
- Android OS (Phones, Box and TV/ Chromecast streamers)
- iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, Apple TV)
- Roku (TV and Stick)
- Amazon Fire TV devices
- Xbox One
- Samsung smart TVs
- LG smart TVs
- Chrome Extensions
The best VPN for Disney Plus
Choosing the best VPN isn’t an easy process, and especially since there’s a lot to learn about Disney Plus before signing up. Each one goes through a variety of tests, calculating its speeds, testing out its security features, and taking advantage of its ability to unblock or provide access to geo-restricted platforms like Netflix, but in this case, Disney+.
So, moving onward, you’ll find a little about the best VPNs for Disney Plus, allowing you to watch all your favorites and eagerly anticipate the new releases before anyone else.
The best thing about these VPNs is that it also allows you to stream through Disney+ from any device, be it your phone, laptop, tabs, or TVs.
- Has around 1700+ servers in 64 countries, inclusive of Disney+ countries.
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Fast speeds
- Strong security with military-grade AES 256-bit encryption, GPS Spoofing, and a Kill Switch, etc.
- Provides access towards Geo-blocked services like Netflix, Disney+, BBC iPlayer and more
- Compatible with Disney+ supported devices like macOS, Windows, iOS, Android, Chrome extension, FireStick, Apple TV, Smart TVs, Xbox, Linux, and PlayStation.
- Provides a 7-days free trial for iOS and Android uses.
There’s much more to look into regarding its features which you can check out in complete detail in my Surfshark review.
- Includes a platform of 5000+ servers in 59 countries, with almost 2632+ servers applicable towards unblocking Disney+.
- Sports reasonably good speeds.
- Unlimited bandwidth.
- Encompasses heavy security like AES 256-bit encryption, a CyberSec feature, and has a functional Kill Switch.
- It also uses SmartPlay technologies that assist you a little better with accessing restricted content from streaming services like Disney+, Hotstar, HBO, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and more.
- Compatible with a number of Disney Plus devices and apps, for Windows, Android, Linux, iOS, Xbox, macOS, Android TV, chrome extensions, Apple TV, and more.
- It has around 3000+ servers in 94 countries, with almost 46 of its servers applicable towards gaining access to Disney+.
- ExpressVPN is known to render some of the best speed results
- Provides unlimited bandwidth
- Powerhouse VPN providing bank-grade 256-bit AES encryption, a Kill Switch by default, and more.
- It offers a SmartDNS feature known as MediaStreamer. It serves the purpose of unblocking restricted content or services like that of Disney+, Netflix, Hulu, DAZN, BBC iPlayer, and much more.
- Allows you to connect to multiple Disney+ supported devices like Windows, macOS, Fire TV stick, Android, iOS, Chrome extensions, Xbox, Apple TV, Linux, and other Smart TVs, etc.
Known to be an all-rounder in the industry, there’s a lot more to read into regarding its features and performance which you can find in an extensive ExpressVPN review. If you think that testing out the VPN would help, why not take a look into the ExpressVPN free trial or its 30-day refund period.
- Encompassing a wide platform of 6000+ servers in 90 countries with 1612 servers in Disney+ locations.
- Produces good speeds
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Possesses good security measures like 256-bit AES encryption, a Kill Switch, and an in-built feature called “Block online tracking”, etc.
- Has servers that are optimized for streaming and unblocking geo-restricted websites internationally, like Disney+, Amazon Video, HBO GO, BBC iPlayer, ESPN, and more.
- Supports a platform of devices and apps, including those compatible with Disney+ like Windows, Android, iOS, macOS, Fire TV, Android TV, Linux, and Chrome extensions.
If you feel like taking a step further into CyberGhost territory, why not check out a CyberGhost review; testing its overall performance. You also have the option of testing the VPN out for yourself, using its free trial or the CyberGhost 45-day refund.
- Has around 1300+ servers in 75+ countries with inclusion of around 904 servers in Disney+ locations.
- Provides unlimited bandwidth
- Decent speeds
- Well-built security platform with AES 256-bit encryption, a Kill Switch, and support towards major protocols.
- It has a wide platform of US servers, making it a good choice for unblocking multiple geo-blocked streaming services from across the globe like Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime, Hulu, and much more.
- Compatible with a number of Disney+ supported devices and apps for Windows, iOS, Android, macOS, Xbox, Linux, and more. IPVanish is also now offering unlimited simultaneous device connections.
- Another dark horse VPN, known to have a simple set of servers of 350+ in 39+ countries, inclusive of all the Disney+ compatible locations.
- Provides unlimited bandwidth.
- Renders pretty stable and fast speeds for streaming and P2P.
- Provides a pool full of security measures inclusive of military-grade 256-bit AES encryption, a Kill Switch, Smart Connect, and much more.
- Provides servers rich enough to access geo-blocked websites like Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, Kodi, BBC iPlayer and much more.
- It’s also compatible with a number of Disney+ supported devices like Windows, iOS, Android, macOS, and apps for Kodi, Roku, Apple TV, Linux, Fire devices (TV/Stick), Android Box, Smart TVs, extensions, etc.
FastestVPN doesn’t offer a free trial but has a reliable 15-day refund period that you can use to test the VPN. To check out its complete specification details, you should definitely give my FastestVPN review a look into; testing out its speed and leak results.
How to unblock Disney Plus with a VPN from anywhere in the world
Now that we’ve gone through the best Disney+ VPN, allowing you unlimited and unrestricted access, it’s time to move on to signing up with Disney+ and accessing its content with connection to the VPN that caught your attention. I promise you, you’ll be streaming right through “The Mandalorian” and much more in no time, which is debuted exclusively on Disney+.
You begin with:
Step 1 – Subscribing to a VPN service for Disney+
- Choose any one of the Disney+ VPNs mentioned earlier to get you immediate access. I recommend Surfshark.
- Once you follow this link, choose a payment plan.
- Move on to create your account, entering your log-in details.
- Then select your mode of payment.
- Once selected, and subscribed, download the app and install it on your device.
- Open it, and connect to any one of the Disney+ servers in (US, Canada, Netherlands, New Zealand, or Australia)
Once done, head over to disneyplus.com, for the next step.
Step 2 – Signing up on Disney Plus
Okay so once you’re done with subscribing and connecting to the best VPN for Disney Plus, it’s time to create your Disney+ account, taking you one step closer to watch all your Disney and PIXAR favorites. There’s nothing much to this step besides creating your account.
Once you’re all signed up, and since you’re already connected to a Disney+ sever, all that’s left to do is WATCH DISNEY PLUS!
Just in case you’re experiencing some problems connecting to Disney+ with the VPNs, you can try tweaking around a little bit by the following steps:
- Clean up all the Disney+ app data
- Turn off your GPS location
- Switch on the Disney+ VPN you went with and connect to a US server.
- And you’re good to go!
How much does the Disney+ subscription cost?
Disney+ has got to have some of the most reasonable prices available, especially for a top-notch streaming service. It seems to have movies and shows that pour over in variety and abundance as compared to its top competitor, Netflix. And speaking of comparison to Netflix, its prices are way cheaper. They are:
- $6.99/mo. for its 1-month package
- $69.99/year for its Yearly package
- $12.99/mo. for the bundle package, which includes shows from Hulu and ESPN+.
The Workaround Guide – Steps to sign up to Disney+ with ease
To sign up for the Disney+ service, you’re probably going to need to register using a US-registered credit card. However, there’s a way around that by using a gift card from wherever you’re located. All you need to do is:
For Android users
- Start by going to the VPN app you chose, connecting to a US server.
- Go to the Google Play Store and create a new account using another email ID. You might be asked to select a location/region. Choose the US.
- Head over to your Google settings, adding another Google account.
- Then move on to sign out of the Play Store, signing in with your new email ID.
- Once done, purchase a Gift Card from Amazon. There are different prices mentioned according to the months of usage on Disney+.
- After, pass on the gift code to your email ID.
- Retrieve the code to your Google account and enter a valid US zip code.
- Head back to the Google Play Store, downloading the Disney Plus app.
- Once downloaded, click on a free trial, picking the desired subscription plan.
- Then, once you sign up with your new Google ID, the gift card amount will automatically be retrieved against your subscription.
- Lastly, pick a movie and start watching!
For iOS users
- You begin with opening the VPN app, connecting to any US server.
- Open the Apple App store and create a new account, using a different email ID. Just like the steps for Android users, if you’re asked to select a region, choose a US one.
- Then you log out from the Apple Store, add your new account and sign in with the new email ID.
- After that, buy a Gift card from Amazon, depending on the subscription period you need in order to access Disney+ services.
- After, pass on the gift code to your email ID.
- Retrieve the code sending it to your iTunes account by signing in.
- Head back to the Apple App Store, downloading the Disney Plus app.
- Once downloaded, click on free trial, picking the desired subscription plan.
- Then, once you sign up with your new iTunes ID, the gift card amount will automatically be retrieved against your subscription.
- Head over to Disney+ and start binging!
Is using a VPN illegal for Disney Plus?
It isn’t mentioned anywhere that you’d get in trouble for using a VPN to access Disney+. However, there are certain countries like China, Russia or Iraq that score up some pretty heavy laws against the use of a VPN in short. Countries like these have blocked off many VPN providers from being used within their countries. But, that’s okay. If you want to access Disney+ and use a VPN safely in a geo-restricted region, you should definitely give this blog a read.
Can I use a free VPN for accessing Disney+?
Honestly, no you can’t. Your main focus right now is accessing geo-restricted websites safely, with the best speeds and unlimited bandwidth. A free VPN is something I would never consider; especially if that means compensating on my privacy or data leakage to third party companies. A free VPN lacks in overall performance, speed, security, accessibility to restricted services, and a lack of VPN features.
Disney+ VPN – A Reddit users’ choice
Just like Netflix, Disney+ is included in the list of geo-restricted websites. Being allowed in only a pinch of countries, your best bet to gain access towards it from abroad is by using the best VPN for Disney Plus in the list (Surfshark, CyberGhost, NordVPN, ExpressVPN, FastestVPN, and IPVanish.
You should know, that I picked these not only because of their all-round ability to access Disney+ with numerous US servers but also because of its ability to crack down geo-blocked websites worldwide, and their compatibility with multiple devices, great speeds, great VPN discounts, unlimited bandwidth, top-notch security, privacy policies and much more.
So, if you’re so tired of seeing this:
Then get on board with one of the chosen VPNs and let it take you on a magic carpet ride to Disney+.