In this guide, you’ll learn how to unblock and watch Disney Plus content from anywhere in the world using a VPN. However, just in case you’re short on time, here are the top providers tested and chosen for it:
- Surfshark – Works well with Disney+ and other geo-blocked websites at $2.49/mo.
- NordVPN – The widest range of Disney+ servers at $3.71/mo.
- ExpressVPN – VPN with SmartDNS feature for accessing Disney+ at $6.67/mo.
- IPVanish – US-based VPN for unblocking Disney+ worldwide at $2.91/mo.
- CyberGhost – Access to restricted streaming services like Disney+ and Netflix at $2.25/mo.
All childhood memories came pouring in with the new Disney+ streaming service on the rise. Unfortunately, Disney+ is accessible to only a few countries around the world, while the rest are squandering over ways to access the service.
If you try to access Disney Plus from anywhere outside the US and its territories, while registered with another IP address, you’re going to be blocked out of it. So, the best way for you to unblock and access it is by using a Disney Plus VPN.
With it, you’ll have full access to all the Disney classics, originals, TV shows; all in high-speeds and HD streams!
Why do you need to watch Disney Plus with a VPN?
Even though Disney+ is home to some exclusive classics, movies, TV shows, and originals, it sadly, is only available in some countries around the world – mainly in the US.
With that being said, Disney+ is among the many streaming services that trace and block IP addresses that are not listed within Disney Plus territories. For that, it’s best you use a VPN to gain access to it.
Usually, you’d probably have to scavenge the internet, looking for a good VPN, and test each one out on your own. But to put an end to your wait, I shortlisted only the best. They were chosen based on their ability to knock down geo-restrictions, maintain high speeds, offer robust security, and its ability to gain access to multiple platforms like Disney+, and others.
A VPN is crucial to gain access to this US-based service. However, the Disney Plus VPN you choose needs to offer US IP addresses and servers from Disney+ approved locations, allowing you to mask your physical location.
On the other hand, Disney+ uses geo-blocking technologies, obstructing access to its service with a VPN. There were a number of VPN IP addresses detected and blocked from accessing the service.
So, for those that don’t have Disney+ available to them, and who’s not willing to wait an additional two years before it finally airs in your country, the best way to access all its content is by simply connecting to a Disney Plus VPN, head to the website or app and start streaming.
The best VPN for Disney Plus
Choosing the best VPN isn’t an easy process, and especially since there’s a lot to learn about Disney Plus before signing up. Each one goes through a variety of tests, calculating its speeds, testing out its security features, and taking advantage of its ability to unblock or provide access to geo-restricted platforms like Netflix, but in this case, Disney+.
So, moving onward, you’ll find a little about the best VPNs for Disney Plus, allowing you to watch all your favorites and eagerly anticipate the new releases before anyone else.
The best thing about these VPNs is that it also allows you to stream through Disney+ from any device, be it your phone, laptop, tabs, or TVs.
1. Surfshark – Top recommended Disney Plus VPN
- Has around 1700+ servers in 64 countries, inclusive of Disney+ countries.
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Fast speeds
- Robust VPN features like military-grade AES 256-bit encryption, GPS Spoofing, NoBorders, and Camouflage mode to unblock Disney Plus.
- Unblocks other geo-restricted services like Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and DAZN.
- Compatible with Disney+ supported devices like macOS, Windows, iOS, Android, Chrome extension, FireStick, Apple TV, Smart TVs, Xbox, Linux, and PlayStation.
- Surfshark offers a 7 days free trial for iOS and Android for testing purposes.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
There’s much more to look into regarding its features which you can check out in complete detail in my Surfshark review.
2. NordVPN – Strong security and fast speeds
- Includes a platform of 5000+ servers in 59 countries, with almost 2000+ servers applicable towards unblocking Disney+.
- Sports reasonably good speeds.
- Unlimited bandwidth.
- Encompasses heavy security like AES 256-bit encryption, a CyberSec feature that blocks malicious ads, and has a functional Kill Switch.
- Offers SmartPlay technologies that help with accessing Disney Plus by bypassing geo-blocks.
- Unblocks Hotstar, HBO Go, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, Sling TV.
- Compatible with a number of Disney Plus devices. Offers apps, for Windows, Android, Linux, iOS, Xbox, macOS, Android TV, routers.
Additionally, NordVPN also allows you to test the VPN features using the 7 day free trial. If that isn’t enough time, try out its 30-day refund on top of any subscription. What’s best is that the provider allows you to cancel your account and avail of a full refund if you’re not happy with the service.
To dive in a little deeper, checking out its overall performance and features, you can have a look at this NordVPN review.
3. ExpressVPN – Fastest speeds for streaming on Disney+
- It has around 3000+ servers in 94 countries, with almost 46 of its servers applicable towards gaining access to Disney+.
- ExpressVPN is known to render some of the best speed results
- Provides unlimited bandwidth
- It offers a SmartDNS feature known as MediaStreamer for faster speeds and smoother access to Disney Plus.
- Also unblocks Netflix, Hulu, DAZN, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, Amazon Prime.
- Allows you to connect to multiple Disney+ supported devices like Windows, macOS, Fire TV stick, Android, iOS, Xbox, Apple TV, Linux, Smart TVs.
Known to be an all-rounder in the industry, there’s a lot more to read into regarding its features and performance which you can find in this ExpressVPN review.
If you think that testing out the VPN would help, why not take at the ExpressVPN free trial and 30-day refund. This provider allows you to cancel your account and avail of a refund if you’re not happy with the services.
4. IPVanish – Unblocks several streaming services
- Has around 1300+ servers in 75+ countries with the inclusion of around 900+ servers in Disney+ locations.
- Provides unlimited bandwidth
- Consistent speeds
- Well-built security platform with AES 256-bit encryption, a Kill Switch, and support towards major protocols.
- Also unblocks Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, ESPN, HBO Go.
- Compatible with a number of Disney+ supported devices and apps for Windows, iOS, Android, macOS, Xbox, Linux.
You’ll be able to connect more than 10 devices since IPVanish allows unlimited simultaneous device connections. Why not take a test run on Disney Plus using the IPVanish free trial. Need more details on this provider? Here’s an IPVanish review you can look into.
5. CyberGhost – User-friendly app and optimized servers for Disney+
- Encompassing a wide platform of 6000+ servers in 90 countries with 1612 servers in Disney+ locations.
- Great speeds and unlimited bandwidth
- Possesses good security measures like 256-bit AES encryption, a Kill Switch, and an in-built feature called “Block online tracking”, etc.
- Also unblocks Amazon Prime, HBO GO, BBC iPlayer, ESPN, Netflix.
- Supports a platform of devices and apps, including those compatible with Disney+ like Windows, Android, iOS, macOS, Fire TV, Android TV, Linux.
If you feel like taking a step further into CyberGhost territory, why not check out a CyberGhost review; to check the app’s overall performance. You also have the option of testing the VPN using its free trial or the CyberGhost 45-day refund.
A little about Disney+
For those who don’t know what Disney+ is all about, here’s a quick overview.
It’s the latest addition to the streaming world that broke through the castle gates in November 2019, reaching the limelight in no time, stealing all the hype away from another big dog service called Netflix.
It takes you through a trip down memory lane, providing you with all the old-timey classics like Cinderella and so much more original content, that’ll leave you anticipating for more. It’s home to streaming some of the biggest blockbusters from MARVEL, Star Wars, Disney, PIXAR, and National Geographic as a whole and a lot of original content that’ll soon be released.
However, with its launch, it included only a hand full of countries, chosen to view its massively great content. These countries include the US, Canada, Australia, Spain, Puerto Rico, Austria, New Zealand, Germany, Switzerland, Ireland, India, France, and the Netherlands, soon expanding its services towards other countries across the globe by the end of 2020.
For other countries, that’ll receive its services over the course of two-years, what exactly are you’ll suppose to do in the meantime? It doesn’t matter if you try to gain access to it through a paid subscription, Disney+ will just block you.
Even though Disney+ is blocked in many parts of the world, you don’t have to worry about waiting, when you have many top VPN services available for you. The providers mentioned above are among many other VPNs that unblock streaming services worldwide.
How to unblock & Sign up for Disney Plus without a US payment method
Now that we’ve gone through the best Disney Plus VPN, let’s talk about how you can sign up with Disney+. These tutorials are mainly showing you how to create your account without having to select any US payment methods or credit card on Android and iOS devices.
I promise you, you’ll be streaming right through “The Mandalorian” and much more in no time, which is debuted exclusively on Disney+.
- Subscribe to a Disney Plus VPN. I’ve listed the top 5 providers above.
- Go to the Google Play Store and create a new account using another email ID. You might be asked to select a location/region. Choose the US.
- Once done, purchase a Gift Card. There are different prices mentioned according to the months of usage on Disney+.
- You’ll receive a gift card code via email.
- Now, sign in to your new Google account, and add the gift card code.
- Click on the hamburger menu and then on “Payment methods.”
- Click on “Redeem code”, enter your gift card code, and then click on “Redeem.”
- Head back to the Google Play Store, and download the Disney Plus app.
- Once installed, open the Disney+ app, and create your account by clicking on “Sign up now.”
- Click on “Subscribe” once you’ve selected a plan.
- That’s about it!
- Choose and subscribe to a Disney Plus VPN.
- Download and install the app, and connect to a US server.
- Now, create a new Apple ID by signing up here.
- You’ll be asked to enter a country or region. Choose a US one, enter it, and then add your phone number.
- On your iPhone or iPad, click on the “Settings”, then on “Apple ID” and lastly on “iTunes & App Store.”
- Now, sign out of your old and into your new Apple ID.
- Look up the Disney Plus app on the App Store, and click on “Get.”
- Next, click on “Review” and then on “Next” to agree with the terms and conditions.
- Select “None” for your payment method.
- Now, enter a US address. (Could be of a street, hotel, etc.)
- Click on “Continue” to download the app.
Now, to pay for your Disney Plus subscription without a US payment method here’s what you should do:
- Pick a gift card from here, according to how much you’re willing to pay. Go for the $10 one.
- To proceed, click on “Add to bag,” and then on “Check out.”
- Click on “Trust” and select your payment method.
- For the address portion, enter the very same US address you used to create your new Apple ID.
- Click on “Review” and then n “Place your order”. You’ll receive your code via email.
- When you receive your gift card code, click on “Print this Gift Card.”
- Click on “Save as PDF” and then on “save.”
- Copy the code from the saved PDF file.
- Click on the avatar icon on the top right corner of the App Store, and then on “Redeem gift card or code.”
- Now, click on “Enter Code Manually” by pasting the copied code.
- Click on “Redeem.”
- Launch the Disney Plus app and create a new account, and then click on “Complete Subscription.”
- Choose a plan and then click on “OK.”
- That’s about it!
How much does the Disney+ subscription cost?
Disney+ has got to have some of the most reasonable prices available, especially for a top-notch streaming service. It seems to have movies and shows that pour over in variety and abundance as compared to its top competitor, Netflix. And speaking of comparison to Netflix, its prices are way cheaper. They are:
What devices/platforms are compatible with Disney+?
The devices enlisted are Disney Plus compatible and support VPN apps. They are:
- Android OS (Phones, Box, and TV/ Chromecast streamers)
- iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, Apple TV)
- Roku (TV and Stick)
- Amazon Fire TV devices
- Xbox One
- Samsung smart TVs
- LG smart TVs
- Chrome Extensions
Is using a VPN illegal for Disney Plus?
It isn’t mentioned anywhere that you’d get in trouble for using a VPN to access Disney+. However, there are certain countries like China, Russia, or Iraq that score up some pretty heavy laws against the use of a VPN in short. Countries like these have blocked off many VPN providers from being used within their countries. The good news is that all the Disney Plus VPN providers mentioned on this list work just fine!
Can I use a free VPN for accessing Disney+?
Honestly, no you shouldn’t.
Your main focus right now is accessing geo-restricted websites safely, with the best speeds and unlimited bandwidth. A free VPN is something I would never consider; especially if that means compensating for my privacy or data leakage to third party companies.
A free VPN lacks overall performance, speed, security, accessibility to restricted services, and security features for online protection.
What is the best Disney+ VPN according to Reddit users?
Just like Netflix, Disney+ is included in the list of geo-restricted websites. Being allowed in only a pinch of countries, your best bet to gain access towards it from abroad is by using a Disney Plus VPN. I’ve rounded up the best providers for it in the list above (Surfshark, NordVPN, ExpressVPN, IPVanish and, CyberGhost.)
You should know, that I picked these not only because of their all-round ability to access Disney+ with numerous US servers but also because of its ability to crack down geo-blocked websites worldwide, and their compatibility with multiple devices, fast speeds, unlimited bandwidth, top-notch security, privacy policies and much more.
So, if you’re so tired of seeing this:
Then get on board with one of the chosen VPNs and let it take you on a magic carpet ride to Disney+.