Are you a paying Comcast Xfinity customer and not getting your money’s worth? Or can’t access Comcast outside the US? Put all these issues to rest with the best VPN for Comcast in 2021! Read on and find out how to get started!
In this blog, I’ll be showing you how to choose the best VPN for Comcast, what makes each provider great, why you need a VPN for it, how to install a VPN for Comcast Xfinity, and much more!
Short on time?
Just in case you don’t feel like going through the entire blog, here’s the list of 5 of the best Comcast VPN services:
- Surfshark – Best budgeted VPN for Comcast Xfinity, with security for unlimited devices & unblocks multiple services with great speeds.
- NordVPN – Best VPN with the strongest security encryption and fast HD streaming speeds for Comcast Xfinity subscribers.
- ExpressVPN – Best VPN for Comcast with fastest speed results and bypasses heavy Geo-blocked websites and more!
- IPVanish – Best US-based VPN best for Comcast users in the United States and abroad with a user-friendly app.
- CyberGhost – Best Comcast Xfinity VPN for privacy and security over the internet & unblocks multi-national streaming services.
What is Comcast Xfinity?
Comcast is only one of the world’s largest broadcasting companies in the world! No big deal, right?
And, if we’re narrowing it down a little, Comcast is still one of the leading telecommunication companies in the US, now known as Xfinity. It provides internet and home, phone services, and cable television to the people of the US.
But, since this massive company is such a big deal, what issues could the paying users possibly face? Throttling; that’s what! This also branches out to limited bandwidth, slow speeds, and the blocking of websites/streaming services.
Apart from that, if you need to access Comcast streaming platforms outside the US, you wouldn’t be allowed to.
Comcast blocks certain websites and streaming platforms and also blocks access to its services overall, regardless of you being a paying Comcast Xfinity customer. This especially applies to users traveling out of the US or anyone residing abroad who wants access to Comcast.
However, the good part of all of this, is that you’ll have access to every streaming platform that’s blocked in your country and smooth internet services in no time. All this and more is by using the best VPN for Comcast; although choosing a VPN has to be under specific categories.
Not all VPNs work the same and some aren’t as efficient!
The best VPN for Comcast Xfinity
It’s always going to be difficult choosing the best VPN, let alone one for Comcast. But, to distinguish the best out from the huge lot, I chose only 5 providers that rendered fruitful results during their testing period. Below you’ll see detailed descriptions of each provider and why they made it on my list for the best Comcast VPN. We’ll start with:
- Surfshark is among the best VPNs in the industry, period. It has around 1700+ servers in 64 countries, with a wide coverage of US servers among it. It’s known best for being a versatile and user-friendly VPN app in every aspect.
- From having strict privacy policies and no-data logging, with origin in the British Virgin Islands, you’ll experience the best services with this VPN on Comcast.
- It unblocks some of the biggest and heavily restricted websites/ apps, some of which include Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney Plus, Hotstar, ESPN, HBO Now, and a lot more.
- When put to the test, Surfshark delivered desirable HD quality speed results, especially using its US servers. You can take a look at its overall performance in my Surfshark review.
- Security won’t be an issue when using the Surfshark app. It runs on 256-bit AES encryption, has a GPS spoofing feature, and is DNS and IP leak protected. This ensures you access to Comcast outside the US, with tight encryption and ultimate privacy.
- One of the best things about Surfshark is that it allows unlimited simultaneous device connections. It’s also compatible with major platforms or devices. A few of the platforms that Surfshark supports are Windows, iOS, Android, macOS, Firestick, Linux, Browser extensions, and a lot more.
Surfshark is by far one of the most affordable VPN choices. If you’re unsure about its services, there’s a free trial that you can utilize, or if you’d like to test the VPN for a longer period, it has a 30-day refund policy.
- Next, we have NordVPN, the industries finest for high-end security features, fast speeds, no-logging policies, and the ability to unblock restricted websites.
- NordVPN follows strict privacy for its users, anonymizing your online activities, and your physical location.
- It has around 5000+ servers in 59 countries, with 2403 of its servers being US-based or surrounding it. This is one of the reasons NordVPN falls into the list of best VPN for Comcast. You’ll be able to access it from anywhere outside the US.
- Other streaming services and platforms that NordVPN unblocked with ease, upon testing, include Hotstar, Amazon Prime, Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, Showtime, and more that you can unblock with unlimited bandwidth.
- This VPN app even produced great speed results on its US servers and more, which you can see in my detailed NordVPN review.
- NordVPN supports a wide platform of devices and apps. So whichever device you use for Comcast, you can additionally protect that along with multiple other devices connected to the VPN. This is because NordVPN allows simultaneous connections up to 6 devices.
- Some of the major devices and apps NordVPN supports include Windows, Firestick, iOS, Android, PS4, macOS, Routers, Nvidia Shield, Apple TV, and more.
- Coming to what makes NordVPN stand out among many VPNs in the industry, is its robust security features. It runs on military-grade AES 256-bit encryption, has a Kill Switch, is IP/DNS/WebRTC leak protected, and now has an advanced ad-blocking feature called CyberSec.
You can even put NordVPN to the test using its 7-day free trial, or try the VPN out for a longer period using its 30-day refund. In case you don’t feel like NordVPN is for you, you could always ask for a refund or account cancelation.
- Coming to another top-grade provider, we have ExpressVPN. This VPN provider has been at the top of its game, especially where bypassing geo-blocks are concerned. You can add online privacy or anonymity to the table because that’s exactly what you should expect with this British Virgin Islands provider.
- It has around 3000+ servers in 94 countries, inclusive of wide US server coverage; plenty enough to unblock or access Comcast from abroad.
- The ExpressVPN servers are known to be optimized with high streaming speeds, and that’s 100% true! I was thoroughly surprised to see its speed test results.
- As I mentioned in point number one, ExpressVPN is known for bypassing geo-blocks. It has unblocked some of the biggest streaming platforms like Netflix, Amazon Prime, Sling TV, DAZN, Hulu, Disney Plus, and more.
- Speaking of streaming, ExpressVPN allows simultaneous connections up-to 5 devices per subscription. Some of the major platforms it supports are Windows, PlayStation, Android, Firestick, iOS, Android TV, Browser extensions, routers, and more. This means maximum ExpressVPN protection while using Comcast on multiple supported devices.
- Apart from its great potential to unblock geo-censored streaming giants, ExpressVPN also covers basic and advanced security measures. Some of these include AES 256-bit encryption, a Kill Switch, is DNS and IP leak protected, and also has other features like MediaStreamer, used to bypass the strongest geo-blocks.
Many users label ExpressVPN as one of the pricier providers, but it comes packed with rich features. You can test it out for a limited time using the free trial, or for a longer period using the 30-day refund. Either way, you could always ask for an account cancellation or refund.
Need more details on this provider? Then head over to my ExpressVPN review.
- Now, coming to another great VPN, we have IPVanish. It is one of the best VPN providers for Comcast, mainly because it is a US-provider. Privacy won’t have to be overlooked, because IPVanish comes with strict no-data logging policies.
- IPVanish has around 1500+ servers in 75+ countries, which most people would call “little coverage”. But, this isn’t the case. It has the majority of its servers in the US which are optimized for streaming and P2P
- The speeds were pretty great too, which you can look at, in my detailed IPVanish review. The plus point is that IPVanish also comes with unlimited bandwidth. So, whichever Comcast Xfinity service you go with, you can render some high-quality and speedy results.
- A few of the restricted streaming services that IPVanish did unblock when I ran a few tests, were Hotstar, Hulu, DAZN, Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and others.
- You can binge on multiple devices using the Comcast connection while having all those devices VPN protected. This is because IPVanish now allows unlimited simultaneous device connections per subscription. A few of the IPVanish supported devices include Windows, Android, iOS, macOS, FireTV, Routers, and others.
- Device and data security will never be an issue with IPVanish since the VPN comes with high-end encryption, a kill Switch, DNS/IP leak protection, and other features.
For a better idea, why not test the IPVanish app out?
- Last on the list for the best Comcast VPN, we have CyberGhost. This provider is known for its privacy and no-data logging policies, giving its users full internet freedom and privacy from anywhere in the world.
- CyberGhost has around 6000+ servers in 90 countries, with 1040 US servers. That’s enough coverage to get users speedy access to the Comcast services from abroad.
- The CyberGhost servers are divided into streaming and P2P categories. This gives you the upper-hand to know exactly which server unblocks what website/service.
- Some of the services that CyberGhost unblocks are Amazon Video, US Netflix, DAZN, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, and others.
- It didn’t take me long to unblock these streaming platforms with decent speed results on top of the unlimited bandwidth it provides. You can see the complete performance results of the app in my CyberGhost review.
- Apart from privacy assurance, CyberGhost guarantees strong security backing. It operates on 256-bit AES encryption, has a Kill Switch on each client app, an inbuilt NAT Firewall feature, and DDoS protection along with many other features.
- You can get yourself the Comcast connection with CyberGhost VPN protection on multiple devices since the VPN allows 7 simultaneous device connections. It also supports all the major platforms, some of which include Windows, macOS, Android, Linux, FireTVstick, Chromebook, routers, and more.
You can test out the CyberGhost app on your own using its free trial on limited devices, or extend your testing period on multiple devices using its 45-day refund policy.
Why do we need a VPN for Comcast?
Comcast may be a big-league internet provider company in the US, but its notorious ways have left its users unsure of its performance or reliability. To address the elephant in the room, Comcast is known worldwide for being one of the largest companies with the best internet and streaming services…but it’s also known for its active throttling!
Many users have complained about their bandwidth and speed being tampered with when connected to Comcast. This is one of the valid reasons why you’d need the best VPN for Comcast.
Secondly, the other biggest reason why you’d need the best Comcast VPN is that Xfinity targets and blocks bigger and more popular streaming services. It also actively blocks P2P sharing services and local or mainstream websites. That means even if you’re in the US and have a Comcast connection, you might not be able to access these services, let alone access them from abroad.
This is because Comcast Xfinity is only supplied to the people in the US. For those who are already in the US and experience similar issues; Comcast blocks a few local websites due to monetary issues. A VPN could fix all of that in no time, extending more features for a quality online experience.
Other issues revolve around the fact that Comcast Xfinity tabs into its user’s activities, monitoring and storing it. How is that relevant where privacy is concerned?
So, picture it. Comcast has around 31.5 million users (2019), which still grow on a daily basis. There must be something great about this powerhouse company to have scored a maximum number of users per year.
But, it still comes down to the many issues that a Comcast subscription comes with and many users take the easy way out with an “If you can’t beat them join them” attitude. This is why I have put this article together, to tell my readers that there is a workaround method to all of this, and it’s by using the best Comcast VPN.
How to choose a VPN for Comcast
To choose the best Comcast VPN, you have to pick one depending on user-experience, performance, and price.
Since bandwidth, slow speeds, and blocked websites is our main tiff with Comcast, here’s how I chose the best Comcast VPN according to these issues:
- Compatible with Comcast – Firstly, using a VPN for Comcast means choosing one that is compatible with it. Comcast like many other platforms is designed with a firewall that actively blocks VPNs from using it. Only the best VPN that works well with Comcast will be able to bypass these restrictions.
- Unlimited bandwidth – You look for features that will target the major Comcast issues. First, we go with bandwidth. Choose a VPN that provides unlimited bandwidth, so streaming big files or for countless of hours won’t be such a problem.
- Speeds – Secondly, the VPN you choose should render good to decent speeds. Don’t get the two mixed up. VPNs aren’t designed to make speeds faster than your local internet speeds, but rather to stabilize them, unwavering the connection. Many VPN providers claim to render good speeds but instead slow them down more than usual. All the VPNs on my list have been put through a series of tests, which you’ll be able to check out in the reviews.
- Privacy and no-logging policies – Now that the aforementioned points are out of the way, you need to go with a VPN that has great privacy and no-data logging policies. These are especially needed for anyone who’s trying to access blocked websites that Comcast restricts access to; regardless of being in the US or abroad.
- Streaming and P2P compatible – Comcast is among many other platforms and networks that restrict its usage to the world. A VPN should be able to bypass the heaviest geo-blocks. Some of the other services that a Comcast VPN should be able to unblock include Hulu, Disney Plus, Amazon Prime, and more. Similarly, torrenting access should also be on the table, since many providers don’t offer that option. A good versatile VPN app provides both streaming and P2P compatibility.
- US server coverage – Speaking of streaming access, there are many people who’d like to access Comcast from outside the US. That’s possible. Choose a VPN that also provides ample coverage of US servers. You’re going to need a US IP address to connect or use the Xfinity services from abroad.
- Security features – Security plays a big role in all of this. What’s the point of subscribing to VPN services, connect to a US server, only to find out that your physical IP address is leaking? I picked these Comcast VPNs based on security, encryption, and leak protection. Additionally, the app should come with other necessary security features like a Kill Switch, Split-tunneling, or Ad Blocking.
- Device compatibility – Device compatibility is another thing to look forward to. The Comcast VPN should also be a major point to look at. The VPN should be compatible with a series of devices or platforms, some of which include Windows, iOS, Android, macOS, Linux, Nvidia Shield, PS4, Android TV, Firestick, and a lot more! Additionally, the VPN you choose should allow simultaneous multiple device connections; connecting 3 or more devices to the VPN per subscription. That’s another reason why I chose these 5 providers.
- User-friendly app – User-friendliness matters a lot, especially if the user is a beginner. The apps should be easy to navigate
- Affordability – Lastly we have price. The VPNs picked are great in both performance and affordability. A good VPN doesn’t have to be expensive. The price varies. However, the VPNs enlisted happen to be one of the more affordable choices that provide great features, and overall great performance. That’s a two for the price of one kinda deal!
How to install and use a VPN with Comcast Xfinity?
It doesn’t take a lot of time to set up a Comcast VPN. Here’s a guide showing you how:
- Choose any Comcast VPN from my list which is best suited for your requirements.
- Subscribe and create an account for it, by providing an email/password and choosing a suitable payment plan.
- Download the VPN on a supported device. Wait for it to install.
- Launch the app and sign in to your account. Once logged in, you can change the VPN settings (like protocols, etc.) according to what you need. Ask the help chat for a little assistance.
- Select a US server for connection to Comcast, and that’s about it. Open up a service or website that Xfinity previously blocked. You’ll have access to it in no time!
Is it legal to use a VPN for Comcast?
It’s completely legal!
In fact, Comcast Xfinity even has a blog on how to use a VPN for its services legally. Unlike most internet service providers, Xfinity allows full access through VPN protection. However, always go through its terms and conditions before carrying out any activities, to ensure you’re not violating any Comcast rules.
Some of the guidelines can be seen on the Xfinity support page, which holds some information regarding VPN usage with a Comcast connection. Some of those points highlighted include:
- Accessing Comcast with a VPN through a wireless gateway.
- Specific security selections from the VPN you choose.
Can I set up a Comcast VPN on a router?
Yes, you can. There are many devices that a great VPN provider is compatible with, but that doesn’t mean you’ll have a VPN app available on each device. The easiest way to set up a Comcast Xfinity VPN on multiple devices that have no VPN app support can be done through a router.
However, that also entirely depends on the router you have. The router has to come with suitable firmware. Some of these include:
How does a VPN help with Comcast throttling?
There’s only so much that the best VPN can do to avoid Comcast from throttling your speeds and bandwidth. Comcast Xfinity actively blocks certain websites that it’s in partnership with; earning a fee from every Xfinity user that wants to access its services.
Netflix is a big example. A VPN allows you to bypass these restrictive blocks from anywhere in the world. But, you should always stay clear of the fact that everything you do online with the help of a VPN should always be under legal objectives.
Can I use a free VPN for Comcast Xfinity?
No, you can’t.
Comcast is such a difficult internet provider and service to get onto from abroad, and equally difficult to secure a private passage. A free VPN wouldn’t help in that situation, so why risk it?
Comcast Xfinity is a multi-billion giant, and it may deliver profound online experiences in certain aspects, but it doesn’t seem to provide its paying customers with adequate speeds, privacy, and overall performance.
Secondly, it’s quite restricted; extending its services only within the US. All these issues can be addressed using the best Comcast VPN (Surfshark, NordVPN, ExpressVPN, IPVanish, and CyberGhost); enhancing a great and secure Xfinity experience.
To Summarize, the Best VPNs for Comcast are…..
|Rank||Provider||Our Score||User Rating|